Observations on Field Day FT8

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by WA6MHZ, Jun 23, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

Or to take warm showers together.

W4IOA and KQ9J like this.
  2. W3ATV

W3ATV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Work them 20 times on 20 meters and they send you a free, mint condition, in the box, SX88 to be used on FT8/field day next year. LoL!:p:cool::D:)

W4IOA likes this.
  3. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Didn't notice any sequencing trouble. Did have a couple clubs work me multiple times.

Operated only 6m from VA and got stations from Dominican Republic up to STX, to MO and SD, and of course VA and MDC. No 6s or 7s. Pretty good day.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  4. KD2ACO

KD2ACO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

... the log of 10?
    Just once, I guess...

5. K3LI

K3LI Ham Member QRZ Page

Only a very small percentage went to 080. We made a ton of FT8 contacts and 99 percent were 074.. Why you ask? Because it was the default frequency of everybody's software and no one changed it.

6. NE3R

NE3R Ham Member QRZ Page

I was thinking about checking out FT8 for field day, but I figured that the frequencies would be packed with everyone trying to fit into the same 3 khz. I told myself if things get slow on CW that I'll check it out. I never ran out of stations to work on cw between 20 & 40 meters.

7. KM6CND

KM6CND Ham Member QRZ Page

The last time I checked "calling CQ on FT-8" is something the radio and PC do automatically. Where is the human element?

8. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Figuring out how to do it and answering replies manually.

WU8Y likes this.
  9. K0RGR

K0RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I just got a report from our FD folks. They weren't able to do FT8, but had pileups calling them on PSK31. So, they worked out well.

10. KK5JY

KK5JY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Filling out the ARRL summary form on their website.