Number of posts per page in the forums

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by NK2U, May 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I see. That sounds like it is global instead of just for 1 thread.

You just need to reply quicker.

2. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

You could start fights with lanuage like that round here, ya know.

There must be some easy way to show off my RTC, but I can't think of it at the moment.

1.jpeg 2.jpeg

KA9JLM likes this.
  3. NK2U

NK2U Ham Member QRZ Page

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, that's it! Is there a way to see all the posts in the thread without clicking "next?"

de NK2U

KS4W likes this.
  4. NK2U

NK2U Ham Member QRZ Page

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, that's it. If there are 100 posts in a thread, why can't you see all on one page? It's annoying to have to click next all the time.

de NK2U

KS4W likes this.
  5. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Clicking next instead of scrolling 20 pages works better for me.

Loading all of the pages at once bogs down the browser.

6. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I too would like to have an option to load more posts per page, if possible.

When doing online shopping I often select "show all" or the highest number available, and then quickly scroll through everything. I find that the way my ISP connection works, this is much faster overall than many separate page loads, even with a slightly longer time to load initially. Not to mention my time to find and click the "next page" button.

KS4W likes this.
  7. KS4W

KS4W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

So what everyone is saying is having it as a user configurable option is optimal...

8. N1EN

N1EN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Heavens, yes.

QRZ is the only forum I follow where I can't set the display to my preferred 50-100 posts/threads per page.

Some folks like to sip their discussions. Others of us like to skim as we're hit by the full firehose.

The current settings aren't a horrible default. I'd just like to be able to change it to match my preferred mode of perusal.

N6HCM and KS4W like this.
  9. WC5P

WC5P Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I would also like to go on record as favoring a return to at least 20 posts per page. Actually 40 to 50 would be even better. The current setting of 10 per page causes a whole lot of unnecessary clicking in order to navigate a thread. Not only that, but the blue NEW marking on the unread posts does not seem to work anywhere except the last page of a thread, which causes even more unnecessary clicking.

KC9UDX likes this.
  10. KS4W

KS4W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I agree (and thought this thread had died on the vine.)

10 posts per page is ridiculous.

Even better would be to allow users to determine their own defaults. I can't belive any modern forum software wouldn't have that option.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.