ad: wmr-1

Number of posts per page in the forums

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by NK2U, May 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. NK2U

NK2U Ham Member QRZ Page

Question, is there a way to post all the messages in a forum instead of constantly clicking the "next" page button? If not, it would be nice if such a feature was enabled since it is much easier to scroll down then to keep hitting the next button to load the next few messages.

de NK2U

2. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello Roland,
    I am not sure I understand your question, Please supply more information.

To post is to place a message "Start a thread" or reply to a message/post. There is no way to post to all messages, but I think you are talking about reading the posts, and that I am not sure.

I am not sure of the answer to your question.
    Please open a support ticket with your question or request at https://forums.qrz.com/support

3. KS4W

KS4W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I also noticed a change this week. It is you click on a thread, you can only see 10 posts before you have to click 'Next Page' to see the next 10 posts. Earlier in the week, it was 20 posts. I think the change happened around Wednesday the 25 or so.

I at first thought I had inadvertently changed my profile but could not find a place to make that change. Most of the other forums I frequent have a user setting for this. One forum I frequent I have it set for 100 posts per page as the threads on there routinely go several hundred posts. 10 posts is WAY too low IMO.

Mark

4. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep it went from 20 to 10 post per page.

The forum software Names the pages by page number So I see no way that You can change it, or the page numbers would be off.

5. KS4W

Not sure about XenForo but other forum software packages, such as vBulletin, do allow individual users to configure their own posts per page preferences.

post-per-page.JPG

6. KA9JLM

XenForo is different.

7. KS4W

I realize they are different but one would think similar software packages would have similar functionality or options.

KC9UDX likes this.
  8. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

As much as I'd like more posts per page, I sure wouldn't want to go back to Vbuillten just for that. Vbuillten was horrid.

Xenforo does have one annoying bug which makes the small number of posts per page irritating: If I read an entire thread, and go back and reply to one on page 7 of 11, it marks all posts after the one I replied to unread, so I have to page through the rest of the thread to satisfy that.

9. KA9JLM

Does it do that if you click the "Mark Forums Read" tab ? That uses a time stamp.

You may need to update your computer to one that has a RTC. :p

10. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I don't click mark forums read because that makes keeping track of what I've already read in all the other forums difficult.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.