NR0V - Dr Pratt, just a thank you for all you have done

Discussion in 'Software Defined Radio (SDR)' started by KC2RGW, Aug 10, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
  1. KC2RGW

KC2RGW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm a new user of an Anan 7000 and OpenHPSDR/Thetis and every corner I turn as I learn about this radio and the features that make it most remarkable, I keep coming back to contributions that NR0V has made.

You don't have email on QRZ so I'm posting this here.

Sincerely, thank you for all you have done and the sheer magnitude of benefit we have all inherited from your work. Thank you for open sourcing all of your efforts as well.

There are not that many people with the expertise, let alone to have made these contributions to any SDR project and for someone to not only have contributed them but to have published the code as open source so the legacy function and benefits to all hams will be ensured going forward is a tremendous gift to the community.

There are many remarkably gifted technologists that have given great gifts to ham operators in a very long tradition but in today's context, these contributions are really way up high on the list given the state of the commercial SDR marketplace.

The whole OpenHPSDR project from the TAPR hardware and on to the software is a pretty incredible thing. All those involved have done a great thing for radio.

WA7ARK and PY2RAF like this.
  2. DH1AKF

DH1AKF Ham Member QRZ Page

I would like to fully subscribe to the words of praise for Warren Pratt's unselfish commitment.
    Without his work, and that of Pavel Demin, my RedPitaya project would never have been successful.

[​IMG]

KC2RGW likes this.