ad: Schulman-1

NQ4T, Jim Williamson

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by N4RXF, Jun 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. N4RXF

N4RXF QRZ Member

Jim Williamson, NQ4T left us on Friday. His wife called me Friday afternoon to let me know that he had passed that morning.

Jim was my Elmer, my friend & like a father to me. Although I haven't seen him in probably 10 years, we spoke on the phone very regularly.

He gave me my novice test (& my first radio). When I lived in High Point, we had breakfast together almost everyday. Jim always gave me great advice & would always do anything for a friend. He helped me build my first G5RV & put up my first tower. He helped so many people get started in this hobby both personally and through W4VEC that I don't think that number could be calculated.

About 4 weeks ago, we were speaking on the phone and Jim said to me that he was"so proud of all that I had accomplished in the last ten years". Coming from him, that meant so much to me because I have always looked up to him so much.

I will miss him more than words can describe, but I know that he is in a better place. My thoughts & Prayers are with his wife Frieda, his children, and the rest of his family.

Tony Agresta
    N4RXF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.