ad: MyersEng-1

NPOTA Chasing

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by W1AKI, Apr 8, 2016.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. W1AKI

W1AKI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Is there a way to specify in the QRZ.COM log the other station's QTH (esp. for NPOA where I guess people aren't likely to get a special callsign like they do for a DXpedition) when it differs from the other station's home QTH so the Awards maps are correct?

Is there any special way to add the National Park code to the log entry so that it is dumped to a file and then uploaded to LoTW correctly?

2. KC5KBN

KC5KBN Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't think you have to do anything different for the npota logs. When the park activator uploads their logs lots, it will automatically match to your lotw log. At least that's how it's been working for me

W1AKI likes this.
  3. KM4FMW

KM4FMW Ham Member QRZ Page

QRZ dosen't deal with NPOTA. I have contacts with two Mississippi parks, but QRZ shows no Mississippi credit because the activator's home QTH is in another state. QRZ needs to update thier logging software. If LoTW can do it, QRZ should be able to also. Otherwise it is worthless.

4. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

LoTW is set up to deal with NPOTA since both are sponsored by ARRL; QRZ is not. They are both fine systems.

5. AG6QR

AG6QR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It's not just a NPOTA thing, it's a portable operations thing. LoTW lets you specify your location. It can be changed as often as you care to, and doesn't have to correspond to your mailing address. If you're operating portable, whether for NPOTA, IOTA, SOTA, or just casually operating from a place that's not your home, you should specify the location for LoTW.

Note that you don't get to specify the other guy's location; each party specifies his own location. If you're chasing NPOTA stations, you're relying on the activators to log their own locations correctly.

W1AKI likes this.