Now I'm a victim of "Insufficient privileges".

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by K4KCY, Jul 8, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. K4KCY

K4KCY Ham Member QRZ Page

So, now I find an item I am interested in and I can't ask the seller a question about it. WHY?

2. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

As announced for quite some time now, posting in the for sale listings in the swapmeet forum now requires verified user status.

Please see the reasons why verified user security is now required at these links below.

https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/verified-member-status-requirements.658941/

https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/how-to-become-a-verified-member.660170/

The most preferred way to become ID verified is to use your ARRL LoTW certificate as identification.

During the verification process, there are step by step instructions with screen shots indicating how this is done.

It's easy to become a verified user in a few minutes and you can get started here:

https://www.qrz.com/manager

3. K4KCY

I have posted messages on the swapmeet forum in the past without this. I thought the verification process was for the sellers only. I am not selling anything. I just want to ask a seller a question about an item he is selling.

KI4AX and K9GLS like this.
  4. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Email him or send him a QRZ PM.

K3XR, NG0L and NN4RH like this.
  5. K4KCY

Thanks for taking the time to suggest that. I already have sent him an email. A good workaround for this situation for sure. And I did not know about the QRZ PM. Thanks for that.

6. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

Check your PMs, Jim.

7. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, what was done in the past has been changed recently.

The current way things are setup is in order to "post" (sell or reply) in the for sale section of the swapmeet, you must be user verified. The reason this is now a requirement is to protect sellers and buyers alike from internet scams. This makes the QRZ swapmeet section a safer place to conduct online transactions.

For example, once you become user verified, it instills increased safety and confidence for sellers when a verified buyer is contacting them to make a purchasing transaction. Similarly, a verified seller instills increased safety and confidence for the buyer when a verified seller is posting any items for sale.

A verified user means it's virtually impossible for a scammer to hijack your user account and this is regardless if you are either selling or buying anything in the swapmeet.

If you need any further assistance, I am only happy to answer your questions.

8. K4KCY

Thank you for clarifying that. 73

9. K4KCY

OK, so I find the verification link and I opt for text message verification. I get the code number and enter it. Then there is a big green checkmark indicating that I am now verified but there is the photo ID thing. I do not have a LoTW Callsign Certificate to send. I could send a copy of my driver's license but there is no way that I can find to send that. What do I do now? This process is confusing to say the least.

KI4AX likes this.
  10. WB2LBV

WB2LBV Ham Member QRZ Page

You're not actually Verified yet, you've only activated 2FA which is the first required step. If you follow the link for verification a dialog should appear where you can upload an image file of your license or other photo-ID document.