ad: Radclub22-1

Novice Rig Roundup

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by N3AFS, Feb 27, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. N3AFS

N3AFS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I just completed the NRR 2017 Event and it was so much fun. I encourage all CW operators to consider working this event in February of 2018. If you are not familiar with the NRR, it is a yearly event which spans about a week in February. This year's event spanned 9 days. I don't do contests, but this is a very relaxed event and virtually all operators are using home-brew or vintage stations, some crystal controlled and some VFO controlled on 80, 40, 15, 10 and some even on 2 meters. Operating on the old "Novice" sections of these bands is encouraged. 73, Ken - KG4LLQ

2. KQ9J

KQ9J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'll second that. I didn't have much time to operate due to work and other obligations, but I made a couple dozen contacts, mostly with my trusty HW-16. The last day the line noise drove me to the big rig with noise reduction and phased RX antennas but I persisted.

I worked Knights...Heathkits...Drakes.... lots of really cool old gear. It was a really fun time and I hope to be able to do more next year. Thanks to the organizers of this great event!