Noveau 75a

Discussion in 'Amplitude Modulation' started by WA3VJB, Aug 14, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: abrind-2
  1. WA3VJB

WA3VJB Ham Member QRZ Page

Just got off a nice QSO with Joe WA2PJP and Tom N3CXP on my second outing with the Nouveau 75a. Interesting little transceiver, and it will take just the right conditions for me to fully enjoy it. 80 meter monobander.

The transceiver is about 6 watts on transmit, and the receive passband is about 4Kc. Neither is very generous, but the box takes very little power at 12VDC, and I expect to use it out in the woods on a gel cell this fall and winter.

Transmit audio is said to be good, according to Tom, who could hear me better at his place in Allentown (PA) than could Joe on Long Island (NY). The band had not really come in at 5pm EDT.

For $125, with a VFO in 1kc steps, it's already a lot of fun. I can't imagine being much farther from my usual Collins 300-G in technology, weight, and power.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
  2. N2DTS

N2DTS Ham Member QRZ Page

I added an input for a D104 and an RF gain control and it works really well and like you say, it takes almost no power to run.
    It overloads easy, but on a portable antenna that would be no problem.

I seperated the PTT from the audio and use a d104 with a hifi preamp for great audio!