ad: elecraft

not even close to amateur radio related

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by kc0vrs, Oct 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. kc0vrs

kc0vrs Banned

yea I did ask. She wasn't sure if she was going to be busy this Saturday or not, so I was told to give her a call midweek (when she isn't so busy). Well just have to wait and see what happens.

2. KD7WHQ

KD7WHQ QRZ Member QRZ Page

So, give her a call midweek.

Simple stuff.

She MAY just be trying to see if you are really interested.

IE: "This one was a panout, we'll try for girl number 4", in her mind. Your calling back puts her at number 1.

And I keep thinking, if I could go back 30 years with what I know now, lol ;)

3. N0WVA

N0WVA Ham Member QRZ Page

This dude nailed it.

4. N0WVA

Brandon, Id call her again as planned, but after that, its not a good sign.

Hope you score the lunch with her.

5. N0WVA

Well, none of us really know you or this girl, but I found it tough to locate my present wife. There is something about stable, down to earth guys that most women dont like.

They want a thrill a minute with the coolest looking thug they can procure. Well, maybe not to this extent, but you get my drift....until they have been around the block a few times then figure out for themselves that a relationship is really not about "style" or "sweet talking", suddenly those rational and quiet guys get attention.

6. KL7AJ

KL7AJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'd go for TWO pocket protectors.

eric

7. WA2ZDY

WA2ZDY Guest

I dated a lady for several years when I was in my early 20s. We were even engaged at one point. But she had a few issues to deal with. First off I was already settled into my career and had been living on my own since age 19. Second I didn't mind living for less rent for a while to save up for a house.

This lady on the other hand said we'd need to move to one of the nicer apartment complexes in town when we married as she wasn't having her friends in my "bachelor dump." (Yes, I lived in the basement of an old house but for what I paid in rent it was a VERY nice basement!) So she was ready to pay four times the rent for . . . show.

She was also into the nightlife, a party girl. i can actually tell you I saw her get sick in a bar, go outside, then when she felt better she went back in and started drinking again. That was too much for even me! But she wasn't ready to live the settled life yet, so why were we engaged? obviously it didn't last. I remember telling her "the day will come when you'll be married to the wild party guy of your dreams. Then one day you'll be home pregnant and he'll still be the party boy . . . "

My mother told me not that long ago that she saw Sandi's mom around town. Sandi is now 41 years old, has two kids and is divorced and living back with Mom and Dad.

What a surprise.

WVA hit that nail pretty square on. The only thing is, like every other "rule of thumb" with women, not all women are that way.

8. KA0GKT

KA0GKT Ham Member QRZ Page

A few years back, I went to my 30 year High School class reunion. I saw several old flames and their husbands/significant others that weekend. With only one exception, the phrase "There but by the grace of God go I/" came to mind. That one exception was a couple my wife and I have kept in touch with, baby sat each others kids, etc.

73 DE KAØGKT/7

--Steve

9. K9FV

K9FV Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, what is the status of the date for the weekend? Did you call her mid-week yet? This is better than soap opera.

73 de Ken

10. KD7WHQ

KD7WHQ QRZ Member QRZ Page

Soap operas are for people with no life. Haven't you figured that one out?

That said, what's up with the date?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.