not eligible for this award

Discussion in 'QRZ Operating Awards' started by KB9HGI, Mar 21, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: HRDLLC-2
  1. KB9HGI

KB9HGI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Why do I have 6 Confirmed QSOs were not eligible for this award? It says I have entered the wrong state when when I go look the operators call up I have the right state so how could it be wrong?

2. WG7X

WG7X Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I know what they're gonna tell you: the other fellow has different stuff in his data base and you'll have to contact them and work out the problem between the two of you.

Or, you could just be patient, and work some other fellow(s) to fill in the missing spots...

Trust me: I've been there and done that. Short story. Working towards the five band worked all states award offered by the ARRL. Takes a bit of time and patience. So, I got to the point where I only needed Montana on fifteen meters. Any mode. I have worked Montana many times before on fifteen. Have hard copy cards even!

But I was being stubborn and wanted to do this chase only using entries in LOTW. I had to go back and look at my fifteen meter Montana QSO's and scrutinize my data versus what the fellows in Montana had in QRZ and LOTW.

For the hams that had data in both places, all of them had moved to other states over the years. I worked them when they were in Montana but now they're in another state altogether! Fooey!

What to do, what to do?!?

Well I did exactly what I just advised you to do: I waited it out and finally just a couple of months ago, worked a Montana ham who was current in LOTW and QRZ. After years of trying, finally got that last one, and you will too!

KC1OCA likes this.
  3. WB3JAC

WB3JAC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Once I logged a contact as Florida but they logged it as Vermont. Turns out they have two homes and two stations, one being operated remotely. He told me (email) that I connected to the Vermont station, but I had doubts, as the band and my antenna were favoring Florida that day and New England is tough for me to get.

I just left it as a mismatch until I got another unambiguous VT contact, then I edited it to match what he told me. Makes no difference in the grand scheme of things but I felt better.