not able to reply to a posting

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by KB1TCD, Jul 1, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

It is not a flaw, it is intentional and for some reason you don't get that. It is called a Verified Member program, not a Verified Seller program, and there is a distinction.
    Carefully read this excerpt from the Rules:
    User Verification is Required
    1. All participants who post in the swapmeet must have completed and be confirmed as a QRZ Verified User.
    It says, "All participants . . ". That means anyone who posts whether it is a seller, buyer, or disinterested third party. Simple and easy to understand.

Assuming you have read and understand the Rules, amplified by management's extensive commentary on the Verified program, then your posts do look like you're whining because you're not getting your way, or that you're arguing with QRZ's decision to limit postings to Verified Members. Which is it? Are you whining, arguing, or unaware of the facts?

KS4W and WB0MPB like this.
  2. WB0MPB

WB0MPB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I am not very smart and am old and worn out and I get it. So it can't be very hard to get!:D:D

N3AB and KK0L like this.
  3. AJ4GQ

Aha, sure. Biomedical Engineer, eh? Kinda reminds me of Sam Erwin during the Watergate Hearings in 1972 where he enjoyed calling himself "a simple country lawyer". He may have fooled some people with his Southern charm and accent, while neglecting to mention that he graduated from Harvard Law School in just three years. :)

4. KC6KNL

KC6KNL Ham Member QRZ Page

When the VerifiedUser Program was announced, it was pitched that all Sellers must enroll. See below.

To that end, we are today announcing that as of June 1, 2019, all sellers on the QRZ Swapmeet must be enrolled in the Verified User program

NOTE: Users may opt-out of the Verified user program for the rest of the QRZ site. This means that not having the Verified badge will only prevent you from posting new threads in the Swapmeet.

See : https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/verified-member-status-requirements.658941/

Hart AJ4GQ

I don’t know you. I have not said anything to you to insult you, yet you are so worked up. Do you enjoy speaking to people that you don’t know with a condescending tone and with insults?

You aren’t even a moderator yet you take this personal and go out of your way to copy and paste and tell me that I am whining. You didn’t bother reading the whole thread. You cherrypicked a small section, then applied YOUR INTERPRETATION.

Some how you missed the section that said, ..”not having the Verified badge will only prevent you from posting new threads in the Swapmeet.”

I was merely pointing out an issue with REPLYING to a For Sale Post. I am not creating a new Swap Meet Post or new Swap Meet Thread) I am replying to an existing post or thread.

Eventually, I will send in proof of ID to be verified. For now, I choose not to.

I am speaking up because this bug, issue, or whatever you want to call it, affects All Hams that have not been Verified, who wish to buy stuff on the Swap Meet.

I hope that we can have a civil discussion regarding this going forward, without insults or without condescending attitudes.

WB0MPB likes this.
  5. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Ah, but it was posted elsewhere that non-verified will not be able to post in the swapmeet forums.

Use email, PM, or get verified. It's pretty simple really.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
  6. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Well not just his interpretation. It obviously must be the site management's interpretation as well, since that is what they have implemented.

KS4W and KJ4VTH like this.
  7. KC6KNL

KC6KNL Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank You for your input. I suspect that not being able to reply to a Swapmeet post was something that was discovered after flipping the switch, on July 1st, to require all Sellers be Verified.

Since Fred has not made an Official statement, I suspect that others have said that the “Workaround is to email or PM the seller.” Perhaps, Fred and Team are looking into this?

8. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Now I understand why GQ responded bluntly. You are not listening, or reading.

Fred has already said "Non-Verified users may view listings and may reply to sellers using the sellers preferred contact method. PM's are preferred."

AJ4GQ and KS4W like this.
  9. AJ4GQ

Of course civility is important and I'm sorry if my comments hurt your feelings.
    We won't be having any further conversation about "this bug, issue, or whatever you want to call it" because it is none of those things and it is a moot point. It is QRZ policy. Plain and simple. I've tried my best to help you understand that and apparently I've failed. Please send me an email or Conversation if there is still something that needs clearing up.

KS4W and KJ4VTH like this.
  10. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Rather than complain complain complain about it, if you feel so strongly that it's a "flaw", then make a solid argument to the forum management to reverse the new policy.

I think the argument is going to have to involve more than hurt feelings. You'll have to convince them that (1) it is impossible for you to become Verified like everyone else, and (2) that your (unverified) posts (often of the "do you still have it" type) are SO highly valuable that they must be allowed regardless.

Otherwise, you can still read the For Sale ads. You can reply to them via PM, which is the preferred method according to QRZ management, or email if the seller wants emails. If you run into a seller who insists that all communication must be in the forum (I've never actually seen such a FS ad, myself) then, send a PM or email anyway, since those are your only options.

WB0MPB, AJ4GQ and KJ4VTH like this.