North East Weak Signal [N.E.W.S.] Group Sunday morning 2m SSB net

Discussion in 'VHF/UHF - 50Mhz and Beyond' started by KA2FIR, May 20, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. WQ2H

WQ2H QRZ Lifetime Member #214 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Sounds good. I keep my VHF Yagi vertical polar for use with most repeaters, mobile whips, and HTs. Not sure if simplex will work.

Let me know when you're set up and we'll give it shot on N1IMO - I work days so we'll need to keep an eye on timing.

Jim, WQ2H / WK2XAH

2. KC1FGY

KC1FGY Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm all set. There is someone calling on the repeater. But I'll throw my call out.

3. KC1FGY

Thanks Jim. Now I know I can hit the N1IMO with my vertical. Is there anyone else about that is horizontally polarized? I'm considering going vertical.

4. WB1EAD

WB1EAD Ham Member QRZ Page

Eric I'm NOT part of this group here in So Maine due to no equiptment for SSB 2mtrs..but there is as I said a fairly active group who are meeting and trying out SSB on the low end of the band..the calls are AB1BR/AA1YC/K1WG and others so who knows if you might hear them?..they also congregrate on 6mtrs as well..Jim AB1BR if you e-mail him might be able to help..??..as for me it'll be awhile b/4 I dive in gud luk! 73 de DAVE WB1EAD

5. NQ1B

NQ1B Ham Member QRZ Page

I could probably work you from Barre, VT with a 2M9. We just need to figure out a sked some time.

I work from my home office, so I could take some time to work you some morning. I'm pretty busy at the moment, but that will pass.

Cathy N5WVR

6. WQ2H

WQ2H QRZ Lifetime Member #214 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Eric - lost track of this thread, good chatting on N1IMO, but when time permits we should try simplex.

Also, there's a new set-up on Crotched Mt. (new everything including hard line) which works great from here - give that a try too.

Good luck!

7. KC1FGY

I just took my yagi down and am in the current process of putting up stacked horizontal loops. VHF contest yielded great results. I sent an email about selling the yagi.

KA2FIR likes this.
  8. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Which antenna "yielded great results?"

9. KC1FGY

KA2FIR, the M2 2M12 yagi. It was too low at my qth and took up the space of my vhf/uhf vertical. So I'm putting the vertical back up and putting the loops on the mast.

10. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

How do the loops compare to the yagi?