ad: elecraft

Noon time net QRP day 7283.5

Discussion in 'QRP Corner' started by KC7JNJ, Nov 27, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: l-BCInc
  1. KC7JNJ

KC7JNJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I just checked in to the noon time net and it is QRP day. It was very interesting I’ve not been in a QRP pileup before. Very strange because it was harder for me to be heard then it normally is in among the QRO guys.

But I heard many many stations at QRP even one CW station at 100mw. Pretty fun, many are checking in now in CW.

2. KG6BRG

KG6BRG Ham Member QRZ Page

I find that qrp ssb is alive and well on 40 meters. I operate on that band mostly and hear lots of qrp stations. 60 meters is also a good bet for qrp ops.

KU3X, KC7JNJ and AJ6LB like this.
  3. KC7JNJ

KC7JNJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Normally that net is a QRO, but today it was specifically QRP day. They were asking all stations to check in using QRP power levels and announce their power level when they checked in. It was the most QRP operators in one place I had ever heard. In the early check hour they had over 200 operators check in using QRP. When someone checked in using QRO power levels they asked them to turn down to QRP levels. It was fun to hear the the difference as they turned the power down. It was also fun to hear operators comply and choose to switch to CW and check into the SSB net in CW. Most stayed in SSB.

It was a fun QRP event....

WA9UAA, N2ZD, W5ESE and 1 other person like this.
  4. N3EG

N3EG Ham Member QRZ Page

I checked in with 250 mW and my quarter wave vertical. Got in on the first call. Great farewell to the old original FT-817, replaced with an IC-705 today.

KC7JNJ likes this.