Noob with FT-60 saying 'Hi'

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KB2SUJ, Dec 5, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: l-assoc
  1. KB2SUJ

KB2SUJ Ham Member QRZ Page

K3SZ and I talked over repeaters. Baby steps (Tony made it happen, I just keyed my mic). Pretty cool.

WZ7U likes this.
  2. WZ7U

WZ7U Subscriber QRZ Page

People are just pissy because they didn't win the goodies last night in the prize drawing.

It's also amazing what some get bent about here. Too many curmudgeons, not enough lawn.

KA4DPO and KB2SUJ like this.
  3. G0JUR

G0JUR Ham Member QRZ Page

Wait! what! there waz a prize drawing?... guess that what yooze get fer sleepin' :confused:

4. KB2SUJ

Yeah, I only joined so I could win a gazillion dollars worth of gear, I got ripped off.;) I did not even get a lousy t-shirt. In prison, everyone gets a free snappy orange jumpsuit.

W1TRY and WZ7U like this.
  5. AB3TQ

AB3TQ Subscriber QRZ Page

Curious who you thought you were directing this question to, and what possible relevance you attribute to it?

6. WZ7U

WZ7U Subscriber QRZ Page

The ultimate participation trophy. :eek:

KK5JY and KA4DPO like this.
  7. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

So did Fred win everything?:D

8. KD5TMS

KD5TMS Ham Member QRZ Page

Good to hear. See my reply, post 35. Did that help you any?

KB2SUJ likes this.
  9. KB2SUJ

Some. Mostly, what I need to do is read over and over and over the bands I can and cannot transmit on. I think that is 'key' to good usage. I have to re-read my books as well. I ordered the ARRL book to get my General, I think that will be a wiser use of time than re-learning my Tech book from 1993/94. Too much has changed. I also want to 'ease' into this and not go in fast and deep only to get burned out. I want to give this (HAM-I personally think ham goes with swiss on rye)a good chance to stay new, exciting and take the time to absorb as much as I can.
    I really do appreciate all the good comments and kind advice. I've read a bunch of posts all over QRZ now and I think I have a 'handle' on the broad strokes of the types of members. The good are great, the jerks are sad people.
    We got a bit over a foot of snow. Last night, we watched "White Christmas (Bing, Danny, Rosemary and Mitzi). I just finished using the tractor to make the driveway passable. A neighbor with a larger tractor plowed the road. The wife baked cookies. All is right with the world.

10. KD5TMS

KD5TMS Ham Member QRZ Page

This will get you started. Just keep a copy of this handy, and you're well on your way.

Each band gets deeper - there are 'established' ways to use the frequencies inside each band, but not all are necessary legally binding.

[​IMG]

KB2SUJ likes this.