ad: QSLcardEU-1

none licence on 11m

Discussion in 'Becoming an Amateur Radio Operator/Upgrading Privi' started by SEADONKEY, Jul 15, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. SEADONKEY

SEADONKEY QRZ Member

Hi all new to site I live in the highlands of Scotland sitting test soon I have been a listener for a while now and use 11m at 27mhz and getting about as my local club is over a 200 mile round trip I am fairly confident on passing if I can get my head round ohms law and other things my last club was sars over 10 years ago but never got round to doing test so hints ant tips whold be helpful and trying to build a rpi2 sdr with no luck 73s
    Jay

2. WG7X

WG7X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Paragraphs; do you use them over there?

N9RBE, W0BTU and KJ3N like this.
  3. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

I'd settle for some punctuation.

N9RBE and W0BTU like this.
  4. WG7X

WG7X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yeah, that too.

5. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

HEY!! He is most likely a non native english speaker AND doing the best he can to COMMUNICATE.....

WF9Q, N6QIC, AB3TQ and 1 other person like this.
  6. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

Your reading comprehension is in question.

Last time I checked, they speak and write English in Scotland.

N9RBE and KC9UDX like this.
  7. KD8DEY

True, BUT he might be native to a region that doesnt speak english as a primary language.

He could be part of the minority that speaks scotish gaelic as his native tongue with just a very basic working knowledge of scottish english.

8. KD8DEY

Way back in the 10th grade, The School I attended did a reading comprehension test on all tenth grade students. I tested as having just short of a 12th grade level.
    At the time the average reading comprehension level for a H.S. Graduate was an 8th grade level. Thanks for your concern.

Highlands = Scottish Gaelic

"The Goidelic language currently spoken in Scotland is Scottish Gaelic. It is widely spoken in the Outer Hebrides, and also in parts of the Inner Hebrides and Scottish Highlands, and by some people in other areas of Scotland. It was formerly spoken over a far wider area than today, even in the recent past, as evidenced by placenames. Galwegian Gaelic is the extinct dialect of Scottish Gaelic formerly spoken in southwest Scotland. It was spoken by the independent kings of Galloway in their time, and by the people of Galloway and Carrick until the early modern period. It was also once spoken in Annandale and Strathnith." Wikipedia

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
  9. KF0G

KF0G Ham Member QRZ Page

nattering nabobs of negativism. A phrase used by Vice President Spiro Agnew to refer to the members of the media with whom he had a very acrimonious relationship. - Are you guys always in such a good mood ?

W9FTV, KG5ILR, WA9ROB and 2 others like this.
  10. KF0G

KF0G Ham Member QRZ Page

Jamms/KLF. Best musical group ever. Scottish rappers.