ad: M2Ant-1

Non-permanent set-up for Diamond X700HNA antenna

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by KE7RUX, Jan 21, 2021.

ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KE7RUX

KE7RUX Ham Member QRZ Page

We have a new home. I have a Diamond X700HNA, and I would like to install it on my roof. The only stipulation is that I am not allowed to drill holes or make any permanent adjustments (HOA)! That's right, antennas are allowed, but nothing else. I'm not able to install a tower, or any of that sort either. I can feed coax from the roof down to the radioshack through the professionally installed holes already made for internet and cable tv, so that won't be an issue.
    I would appreciate any advice / suggestions! 73

2. N0NC

N0NC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

How about a vent pipe mount. Up on the sewer vent pipe. Surely you have those, plus they are usually on the rear slope of the roof.
    73, Chuck
    N0NC

3. WA7ARK

WA7ARK Ham Member QRZ Page

A 24ft lever arm on a piece of ABS sewer pipe; you gotta be kidding...

K8EEI, AK5B and AD5HR like this.
  4. KA3CNC

KA3CNC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Check out wb5nhl and then look at the projects title might give you ideas for a non permanent roof mount I believe there is a website called solid signal that might sell something commercial made good luck

KE7RUX likes this.
  5. AK5B

AK5B Ham Member QRZ Page

Simple: non-penetrating roof mount. Guy the antenna with Dacron line and don't forget to ground everything per code.

Jeff

KE7RUX likes this.
  6. KI8DJ

KI8DJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Vent pipe would work with a 5 foot or so antenna. Do you really need all that gain. Tram and similar in that length are only around 50 bucks and still perform quite well.

7. N0NC

N0NC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

"A 24ft lever arm on a piece of ABS sewer pipe; you gotta be kidding..."

I had no idea it was that long.

"Vent pipe would work with a 5 foot or so antenna. Do you really need all that gain. Tram and similar in that length are only around 50 bucks and still perform quite well."

I agree.

73, Chuck
    N0NC

8. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

If you have a chimney, chimney straps and a 5' mast should support that antenna just fine and this is definitely not "permanent," since nothing actually attaches to the house.

WE4E, AD5HR and K8EEI like this.
  9. WE4E

WE4E Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

What could possibly go wrong? :eek::p

10. N5AF

N5AF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

OP: Check out Mr. Fong's DBJ/TBJ antennas: https://edsantennas.weebly.com/

It won't give you near the performance of a X700, but they are a better solution for a vent pipe mounted antenna.