Non Ham Topic: The Passion of the Christ

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KY5U, Feb 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KC7JTY

KC7JTY Banned QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (w3sy @ Mar. 01 2004,17:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">
    Shown? By WHOM?? I'd like to know. I have heard &quot;holocaust denyers&quot; say either it never happened, or that the number was &quot;insignificant.&quot; But all of these people had a decidedly anti-Jewish agenda. Unbiased? Hardly.
    [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    The 6 million figure is just as &quot;shown&quot; as not that much. Is the 6 million figure fact because it has been repeated over and over in an effective widereaching way for decades?
    It is possible there is a pro jewish agenda?......and, also that pro jewish agenda has been very succesfull?
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">
    Where would YOU put the number? FIVE million? THREE million? ONE million? Six HUNDRED? What did you have in mind? And more importantly, why do you have what you call a &quot;problem&quot; with the reported totals?? That's a very, VERY interesting - and revealing - remark on your part. What difference should it make to you, or anyone else, exactly HOW many were slaughtered? Would you feel differently about what happened if &quot;only&quot; one million were exterminated (assuming that were the case)?
    I don't have a number in mind. Only that the 6m # has often been refuted. It is certainly a big and controversial topic but attention to accuracy is still important.
    Further, please explain just WHY you think anyone would exaggerate this number? What would be the motivation for such a fabrication?
    To make it that it never be forgotten, which is fine with me, but don't distort things to do so.
    And again, I find it very disturbing that &quot;ha ha&quot; enters into ANY discussion of the holocaust. Can you explain yourself in more detail? You are still tapdancing around whatever point you are trying to make. Out with it, already. I'm hoping that I still misunderstand you. So far, I'm not sure I like what I'm hearing from you. Set my mind at ease, won't you?
    I'm not some sinister evildoer in the shadows with an anti jewish agenda. I am only resisting some of what is commonly believed as fact. The topic is an emotional one but this must not allow us to accept all that is said about it on either side. You are obviously upset and taking this personally. I do not wish to upset anyone beyond a little temperature rise but to say the controversy over the 6m number must not be considered because it belittles what happened is wrong.
     I'm now thinking of F. Lee Bailey asking Mark Furman if he ever said the &quot;n&quot; word. What kind of a question is that? Whats next?.........Did you ever THINK the &quot;n&quot; word? Did you ever think the 6m number may have been exaggerated? Thats not the way it works....or.....at least ain't supposed to.

2. KI4BGO

KI4BGO Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (w3sy @ Mar. 01 2004,19:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And again, I find it very disturbing that &quot;ha ha&quot; enters into ANY discussion of the holocaust.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    And I find it disturbing that &quot;fictitious story&quot; entered into a discussion about Jesus ...but it happened anyway. You think it's hot here? You ain't seen NOTHIN' YET!

3. W3SY

W3SY Ham Member QRZ Page

OM JTY - Why split hairs? Historical fact IS that the Nazis made a real &quot;project&quot; out of rounding up, imprisoning, and executing Jews. Oh, they went after others as well, but the Jews were a major priority.

How many? TOO MANY! Let's just say it was a hell of a lot! To quibble over whether it was 6 million or 6 thousand is utterly ridiculous. Imagine even as &quot;few&quot; as 6,000 of ANY group in this country rounded up for execution. Would THAT get your attention?

Let's just ASSUME that the exact number is in doubt. Even then, the ACT itself is still vastly more important than the body count. The fact that you are THIS hung up on &quot;how many&quot; is disturbing. Again, what the hell is your point?

I'm DYING to know what this &quot;pro [J]ewish agenda&quot; is you speak of. If you mean the support of Israel, you are way off base. Israel is a tiny Democracy surrounded by larger, hostile neighbors, many of which are committed to its extinction. It's not a &quot;Jewish thing.&quot; Believe me, I'm not a fanatic about Israel, but I respect the USA for (usually) standing up for a small Democracy surrounded by bullies. And I respect Israel for standing up TO its larger enemies. You don't have to be Jewish to feel that way.

Jewish agenda... Jewish agenda... what else might we be talking about? Hmmmm.... Do you believe the Jews control the banking industry? Or Hollywood? Just answer yes or no. I've heard that one kicked around before. Just curious to know if you are one of that crowd. If so, stand up and say so. If not, please accept my apologies. But I still want to know what pro-Jewish agenda has been &quot;very successful.&quot; And why the hell didn't *I* get a piece of it?? Haw!!

You're out in Idaho, I see. Got a lot of Jews out there? Got ANY? Ever seen one up close? Psssst, guess what? They DON'T have horns. Really! No, I'm serious!

I've never been able to figure out the whole anti-Jewish thing. As a population, the crime rate among Jews (Son of Sam excluded) is quite small. I don't have exact figures to support this, but you'd be hard pressed to produce someone who was mugged by a Jew, or had a sister or daughter raped by a Jew, or had his car vandalized or stolen by a Jew. Street crime has never really been a &quot;Jewish&quot; thing.

So what's the beef? Is it that &quot;successful Jewish agenda&quot; thing again? Is it ignorance, jealousy, or a little of both?

To answer your last question:

&quot;Did you ever think the 6m number may have been exaggerated?&quot;

I've seen the film footage of piles and piles of bodies. I've heard the eyewitness accounts of those who SAW what happened. To dwell on the number is to totally - TOTALLY - miss the point. By a mile. If it were 6 thousand, it would have been JUST AS BAD as 6 million.

And it was MURDER, not euthanasia, FYI.

Out.

4. W3SY

W3SY Ham Member QRZ Page

Bingo said, &quot;And I find it disturbing that &quot;fictitious story&quot; entered into a discussion about Jesus ...but it happened anyway. You think it's hot here? You ain't seen NOTHIN' YET!&quot;

&lt;snicker&gt;

I know. It'll be Summer before you know it! Make sure your air conditioning is working, Bingo.

Haw!

5. KA8NCR

KA8NCR Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (kn6z @ Mar. 01 2004,13:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WB2WIK @ Mar. 01 2004,12:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We walked out about halfway through. Actually, so did several others![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    A German friend of mine told me she walked out on &quot;Schindler's List.&quot; Made the Germans look bad.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    And it made one particular German a hero. It's all perspective.

6. W3SY

W3SY Ham Member QRZ Page

&quot;Made the Germans look bad.&quot; HAW!! Welllll.... DUUUUHHHHH... That's hilarious.

In truth, most present day Germans feel great regret over what happened back then. And all THEIR leaders did back then was ultimately lead them to ruin.

But the Nazis and the SS... How can any portrayal help BUT make them look bad? My guess is their behavior was portrayed MUCH more accurately in Schindler than in, say, HOGAN'S HEROS. Lovable, bumbling idiots, they weren't. Ya dig?

KLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINK!!!

7. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I agree most German citizens today, and even a number of German descendents living elsewhere, are embarrassed and ashamed about what transpired in their homeland a scant 60-some years ago, and I never hear them discuss it, even when I'm visiting Germany.

I found it most interesting that the song, &quot;Deutschland Uberalles!&quot; really isn't played anywhere, sung anywhere, and the fact is my German friends who were born after the War don't even know the words to the song. It's not taught in the schools.

A huge difference between recent history and ancient history is that we have a lot of solid documentation about the recent, and absolutely zero solid documentation about the ancient. For the past 150 years, we've had photographs. For the past 90 years, we've had motion pictures. For the past 60 years, we've had audio tape recordings, and for the past 30+ years, we've had video tape recordings. Our depth of archived information is staggering and very good, from the recent past.

From the not-so-recent past, it stinks. We have books, all of which are interpretations of experiences and none of which can be trusted for absolute accuracy, especially once their authors are dead and can't be questioned. We have stunning drawings, paintings and sculptures by incredibly talented artists, sometimes depicting historic events, but all completely open to interpretation. And the artists are all dead, too.

And when you're dead 1000 years, you've just started being dead!

WB2WIK/6

8. KC7JTY

KC7JTY Banned QRZ Page

Quotes are from W3SY:
    OM JTY - Why split hairs? Historical fact IS that the Nazis made a real &quot;project&quot; out of rounding up, imprisoning, and executing Jews. Oh, they went after others as well, but the Jews were a major priority.
    Why did they do that?

You're out in Idaho, I see. Got a lot of Jews out there? Got ANY? Ever seen one up close? Psssst, guess what? They DON'T have horns. Really! No, I'm serious!
    Good golly! Idaho is only one of my many venues. I was born and raised in 3 land and worked for a Jew who I was rather fond of there....and yes there are jews in Idaho, residents, and those who visit to do their legal work then leave.
    I've never been able to figure out the whole anti-Jewish thing. As a population, the crime rate among Jews (Son of Sam excluded) is quite small. I don't have exact figures to support this, but you'd be hard pressed to produce someone who was mugged by a Jew, or had a sister or daughter raped by a Jew, or had his car vandalized or stolen by a Jew. Street crime has never really been a &quot;Jewish&quot; thing.
    Ever hear of Sandy Weil or Jack Grubman? How about Marc Rich? Just ask a French national if they know who Marc Rich is.
    And it was MURDER, not euthanasia, FYI.
    You got me on this one. Poor word selection on my part.

9. KC7JTY

KC7JTY Banned QRZ Page

Interesting that the devil in the movie seems (more to me anyway) to be a woman.

10. KD4AMG

KD4AMG Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG] oh-oh !! now we are going to hear from the WOMEN ...man are they gonna git on yer back !! ( lol )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.