Non-HAM Swap Meet Questions

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by PROXZY, Oct 7, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K3QNTad-1
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
  1. PROXZY

PROXZY QRZ Member

Greetings HAM Operators,

As the title suggests, I'm not an operator. My father was however an operator and a broadcast engineer. I have some gear I'm willing to part with including a Commander HF-1250. I know the value and rarity of this piece of equipment... I wanted to list this Item in the swap meet but there is an indication of "insufficient privilege".

While I understand low quality posts and scams may be of concern I'm not an operator nor do I wish to be one at this stage in my life. That being said I'd hate to have to simply post around the forum just to get a post count that qualifies for a listing in the "Online Swap Meet" section because I feel my posts will not add anything to any discussion as I'm not knowledgeable or qualified.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I know this piece of equipment would make a splendid addition to any local shack or station. I appreciate your input and look forward to hearing from you.

2. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Even if you get your post count up I believe you need to be a ham member to post in the swapmeet. I don't think there's a work around for that.

N6QIC likes this.
  3. PROXZY

PROXZY QRZ Member

Alright, I appreciate your time and response. Guess I'll have to take the item listing elsewhere.

4. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Is there a ham radio club that your dad belonged to? They might be able help.

N6QIC likes this.
  5. PROXZY

PROXZY QRZ Member

Unfortunately we moved every few years as my father was in the foreign service, so to answer your question not that I'm aware of. I believe his license expired shortly after we moved back to the States. I do have one question I forgot to ask in the original post. Do I need to request or verify license credentials of possible buyers for a piece of equipment over a certain power output?

6. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

On the arrl.org website someplace, there is a way to look up clubs in your area, might try that...

http://www.arrl.org/find-a-club

No, you can legally sell to whomever you like, but asking for a ham callsign isn't a bad idea. CBers like those amps and it is illegal for them to use one. But it's up to you after all.

Are you near New Jersey?.

7. PROXZY

PROXZY QRZ Member

I'll look into that, also thanks for the direction! I'm a bit further south than that, located in Florida's Space Coast.

8. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Ha... Too far for me to help!

You said you have other items as well?

9. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I would just put an add up on Craigs list. I have sold lots of ham stuff there.