ad: vanity

Nomadic Fanatic

Discussion in 'On the Road' started by N3AWS, Apr 24, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-MFJ
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. N3AWS

N3AWS Ham Member QRZ Page

Any Nomadic Fanatic fans or haters on QRZ?

2BS1358 likes this.
  2. AC0GV

AC0GV Ham Member QRZ Page

Never heard of it until now. Took a look and may become one.
    I'm an RVer and boondock, looks like a good match. This may help others.......................
    https://www.youtube.com/user/nomadicfanatic/
    But not every one has a FB account.

3. N3AWS

Eric is an interesting Youtube phenomena. The controversy surrounding him is issues of honesty & e-begging.

4. K7WFM

K7WFM Ham Member QRZ Page

I was a fan until I learned about his, ahem, somewhat unscrupulous past. There are many blogs that claim he's a grifter. I don't know. He has done some screwy stuff on his former RV/vans. We like Jax though.:)

N3AWS likes this.
  5. N3AWS

Almost as much drama as a WA6MHZ post!

W5WAY and K7WFM like this.
  6. KL7KN

KL7KN Ham Member QRZ Page

http://www.tosimplify.net/

http://rvsueandcrew.net/

Here are a couple of RV blogs that I would recommend. The first is a fellow that converted to full-timing in a Vanagon! The second is an older woman full- timing in a 17 foot tow-behind. Both have very photo rich content and the images of the Vanagon rebuilt have many good tips for anyone RVing - even part time.

While You Toob has fans, it is quite the bandwidth hog for folks with limited B/W or limits on usage.....

K7WFM likes this.
  7. KI5WW

KI5WW Ham Member QRZ Page

I been subscriber over a year now. Seen his bad times seen his good times. I get regular updates. Usually around 0400 am.

8. K7WFM

K7WFM Ham Member QRZ Page

We read rvsue's blog all the time. She has some valuable insights on good and bad camping locations.

9. K8INA

K8INA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

His videos are entertaining. If you leave it at that, it's a great way to pass a little time. Eric is a new breed of vagabond, currently known as "E-Beggars". That is, they don't stand on the corner begging for money, but rely on the charity of viewers to support them and their habit, whatever it may be. Before you condemn them for their activity, remember, Billy Graham, Ernest Ansley, and thousands of other "evangelists" started this activity via Radio, TV, and now internet, years before the current crop. IF you really want to watch a terrific E-Beggar at work, try to view "Follow the Hearts" on YouTube. It was "seemingly" touch and go until she found "the Lord" and then the donations started flowing in....

N3AWS likes this.
  10. AG6JU

AG6JU Guest

I think Eric might enjoy Ham Radio ? I would like to introduce our hobby to him.