ad: vanity

Noise problem -- offending neighbor Part II

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K4VBB, Nov 19, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. N1OOQ

N1OOQ Ham Member QRZ Page

No, no... What's going on with the OP?
    No interest in weed...!

KK5JY likes this.
  2. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

3. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Regarding what the real problem is:

Dopers were jumping up and down when the vaping "incidents" were reported claiming that vaping and MJ are not related.

1. Yeah vaping was around before legalization of MJ....but vaping hardware sales were almost zero.
    2. Once MJ was legalized in CO vaping hardware sales went thru the roof. Reason? Vapers could say "Oh I'm only doing nicotine in public not MJ! Yeah right! I don't recall nicotine putting a dumb look on your face with glazed eyes...alcohol maybe.
    3. Now that vaping incidents are being investigated the culprit is coming to light...vaping MJ products! I watched the report on PBS a couple of nights ago.

The real problem is that states legalized MJ w/o any real knowledge of what the overall effects would be. Including RFI of grow lights. How could they? MJ use was not legal. The Feds haven't jumped on board because Congress is hesitant to do the same.

Kudos to the Feds! We should be aware of what effects are. Hell they can't yet agree on what levels of use impair vehicle usage. How many people have died as a result of MJ impaired driving? Nobody knows!! How many ham radio operators been impacted? Nobody knows!! :D

W0FS likes this.
  4. KF5LJW

KF5LJW Ham Member QRZ Page

I have done a lot of RFI investigations for Cellular Operators, and have found a lot of TV's, Baby Monitors, WiFi modems and all kinds of stuff causing interference issues. Just about every bit has a FCC Part 15 certification. FCC is not going to lift a finger or do anything about it. The only solution that works and makes everyone happy is to buy them a new gizmo to replace the offending gizmo.

If you came to my house to complain about my Panasonic Plasma TV, I would have you thrown off my property for trespassing and tell you to pee up a rope. Give me a new TV equal too or better than what I have now, we now have a workable solution. My Plasma TV does not interfere with my radio operations as it is turned off when I operate.