Noise problem -- offending neighbor Part II

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K4VBB, Nov 19, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Good work. There are numerous recordings and videos of plasma TV noise on the web that you can compare to. If it is a plasma type, the only solution is replacement with an LCD TV. If it’s just the power supply in it then it’s possible it could be tamed with chokes. There’s another possibility, maybe a bad cable box or other accessory like a DVR. Don’t assume too much.

Fortunately TVs are pretty cheap now, so if it did have to be replaced the several hams affected could split the cost if need be. Most people wouldn’t willingly shell out hundreds of dollars just because the ham next door has a problem. But you might get lucky, maybe he or she wants to get a new TV anyway and would be willing to replace it.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  2. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

We had a thread here about 4 years ago that involved a baby monitor. That turned into a real drama worth following.

3. AA7QQ

AA7QQ Ham Member QRZ Page

WAAAHHHHHH

Ed

4. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

K3BOA likes this.
  5. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

For years we had a plasma TV in the next room and zero interference with my radio activities while my YL watched the tube. Maybe because it was a mid-line Panasonic - not something cheap but not their top end either.

PY2RAF likes this.
  6. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe a plasma tv is like a coronal hole - as long as it's pointed away, you're ok. And it was pointed away. Maybe

maybe

7. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Why do the people that pay into the zed seem to act the most, uh, "that" way?

KJ4VTH likes this.
  8. K7HN

K7HN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Totally agree. Just treat people the way we want to be treated… Pretty simple stuff my friend. Couldn’t agree more.

9. N1OOQ

N1OOQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Bump

Any news?

EatingPopcorn.gif

10. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

Perhaps, it's not an "act".