noise interference on 40M

Discussion in 'On-Air Operations - Q&A' started by VE3CGA, Dec 19, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. VE3CGA

VE3CGA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

yet another buzzz racket noise similar to what was on 80M a week or so back. same wide signal 7.243khz down to 7.226

are they still trying to burn wood or have they moved to 1/2 the size of oven, hence 2X the interfering freq?

anyone else hear it??

Bob VE3CGA

2. VE3CGA

heres a pic of it and I'll try and a wav sound sample on you tube 40m noise.gif

3. VE3CGA

well it was all over with a few hours later. I think it was off shore due to the fading

perhaps Admin can delete this thread

4. VE3CGA

spoke too soon
    back again, same freq
    same 50hz harmonic noise with selective fading
    S9 here

5. KG4MSR

KG4MSR Ham Member QRZ Page

I've heard that identical signal at my QTH. After some online digging, I believe it was either Digital Radio Mondiale (DRM) or a CIS-128 radar, according to sound samples on sigidwiki.

Glad to know I'm not the only one hearing this from time to time--some folks beleived I was hearing flying saucers or implied the noise was EMI from my house.

72, Mike

6. K0UO

K0UO Subscriber QRZ Page

I would say it is some type of over the Horizon radar or it could be an RF Industrial induction heating unit in your area
    KA0KA has imposed an audio of very similar stuff and he is doing an in-depth study on this in the last few months check out his website or call up on.

The best antenna is one that is "In The AIR & On The AIR" K0UO Rhombic and Vee Beam Antenna Farm. https://www.k0uo.com qrz