ad: Radclub22-1

Nodes...

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by KM6KFP, Jun 8, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-gcopper
  1. KM6KFP

KM6KFP Ham Member QRZ Page

What is the right forum to learn about various nodes like IRLP, Echolink, Allstar, Dstar, etc? I think I'd like to build one.

2. N6QIC

N6QIC Database Team QRZ Page

Echolink/IRLP Tech Board

KM6KFP likes this.
  3. KM6KFP

And Allstar/Dstar? Same place?

4. N6QIC

You will want to post in one of the technical forums, take a look thru the existing threads. Your questions may have already been asked. If you don't find a forum for the subject of your post, you can post in "General Technical Questions and answers".
    Technical Forums

KM6KFP likes this.
  5. KM6KFP

OK, thanks!

KM6KFP clear...

N6QIC likes this.
  6. N6QIC

Jeff,
    I se you are in Lakewood Ca. Go to the Catalina Island repeater 147.090 no PL and talk to Stan K6RMR. He will answer any question that you may have about ham radio including DMR, Dstar,Fusion and all the new digital radios and equipment. He is like a ham radio encyclopedia and very nice.

For info on IRLP and Allstar go to the Sunset Ridge repeater 147.210 PL 100.0
    Just get on your radio and talk and ask your questions.

Welcome to ham radio
    73, Lisa

KM6KFP and PD5SJO like this.
  7. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

To save you some trouble, Allstar nodes are the best to setup. Little restrictions when linking to anything.

Raspberry Pie is hard to beat. :)

Have Fun.

KM6KFP and N6QIC like this.
  8. KM6KFP

I've tried to hit that CARA repeater and have no luck on my HT. I just tuned to the other freq and I'll monitor for awhile. Thanks!

I'm not positive yet but I think the required hardware (besides the Pi which I already have) is cheaper for Allstar too. I still need to do more research; there may be cases where IRLP/Echolink might be better but that's just speculation on my part.

Thanks!

9. N6QIC

You shouldn't have any trouble hitting the CARA repeater from Lakewood. If you don't already have one pick up a larsen mag mount and a 1/4 or 5/8 wave antenna to use with your HT. In the house you can use it on an outside air conditioner or inside the house on a cookie sheet. You can also take it with you in the car. It will work 100% better than any rubber flex antenna.

help1.jpg

KA9JLM likes this.
  10. KM6KFP

I have a Nagoya 771-R and I can't hit it inside or outside my house in my yard. I'll look at that mag-mount for the future but I was able to get most of my questions answered on the Win System last night. It looks like I'll be going Allstar for the better audio quality and cheaper price. 73...