No Power Cord, No Manual, no Microphone, Huh?

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by N4GKS, Feb 19, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. N4GKS

N4GKS Ham Member QRZ Page

I’ve had rigs for 10 plus years. I have the manuals, mic, power cords and no scratches. With gives with abused equipment on here for sale with missing items? Then they still ask top dollar. I mean come on. What gives?

2. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member Number 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Sellers have the right to sell what they want, the way they choose to list the item - as long as it meets the rules of whatever site they are listing on.

Buyers have the right to choose to ignore the item and move on to something else.

I don't get it either (and I do know the radio for-sale ad you're referring to) - makes no sense at all to me either. I would NEVER buy a radio advertised that way!!

But it's up to the seller to try to sell any way he feels best for his needs and perspective.

Dave
    W7UUU

N4GKS likes this.
  3. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member QRZ Page

Not having the power cord and in some instances the mic is a way to sell some rig that doesn't work and claim innocence after the fact.
    "How am I supposed to know if it works or not without a mic and a power cable?"
    As a ham, that excuse would put someone in the lame-o license class!!

W7UUU likes this.
  4. AA5CT

AA5CT Ham Member QRZ Page

I've gotten away from paper manuals, but mics, power cords not so much ...

Oh, and since childhood I don't 'teeth' on my rigs either.

K7MH likes this.