No PO Box accepted????

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by N5RV, Nov 24, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-2
  1. N5RV

N5RV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I shake my head when a person says "No PO Box accepted" and say PayPal accepted..... If you accept my payment via paypal, then you better ship it to my PO Box because that is the only way I get mail. I live in a small town and that is all you get, a PO Box..... they do not deliver mail to the home.... if you try to mail to my actual home address, some places say it's invalid, and it is since the post office doesn't have it in their system. My physical address was given for 911 purposes only....

"No PO Box accepted" is as outdated as CONUS in my opinion.... especially if you accept Paypal...

W2KG, KJ4POM and VE5RH like this.
  2. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Yeah, but USPS only allows USPS mail. They do not accept FedEX, UPS, DHL, OnTrac, etc. etc. etc. JUST US mail.

Much better to use a UPS store or other "mailing center" - they all accept anything.

Dave
    W7UUU

N5RV likes this.
  3. N5RV

But these days you can ship to a PO Box with all those you listed. I received FEDEX and UPS to my PO box all the time...

W5BIB and W1TRY like this.
  4. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Not at my US Postal PO Box. ONLY US mail.

Maybe in your town but not anywhere here.

Dave
    W7UUU

N5RV likes this.
  5. N5RV

I beg to differ..... do your research my friend.... UPS is called SurePost, Fedex is call SmartPost.... both will deliver to a PO box.....

W5BIB, N1VAU, WB0MPB and 2 others like this.
  6. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

From FedEx's own page at https://www.fedex.com/en-us/shipping/fedex-smartpost.html

Exceptions The following are not available for FedEx SmartPost:
    • Collect on delivery
    • Money-back guarantee
    • Declared value
    • Signature Proof of Delivery
    • Evening or appointment delivery
    • Hazardous materials service
    No Declared Value or Signature might be enough to stop someone from shipping a rig or some other high value item to a PO Box. It also indicates that it is a "Contract-only service. For more information, contact your FedEx account executive or call 1.800.463.3339."

Fedex and UPS won't deliver to your house?

N5RV likes this.
  7. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

In one small town I lived in the Post Office allowed you to use their address for deliveries that required such if you were a boxholder.

N5RV likes this.
  8. N5RV

I completely understand why the "No PO Box" exists, I think I've in that past used the same statement. But having first hand experience living in in an area where there are only PO Boxes, I think a blanket statement stating you will not ship to a PO Box is a bit harsh to us that sure would like to do business with you. I'll just say, if you send me a PayPal payment and you have a PO Box, I have your payment and I'll send you what you expect..... to me a PO Box is a mailbox..... I just have to jump in my truck to go see what's in it. Should I assume that the same person who doesn't ship to a PO Box, won't ship to a Rural Route address..... lots of hams prefer to live in the country where there is less electronic noise (I'm one of those)…… some don't have home mail service.....

Anyway, I'm just asking the questions and hoping I educate some who by default want to label a PO Box address is always a scammer... or they don't want to waste time trying to figure it out.... If it's too complicated for them, then I'll understand....

9. N5RV

Yes, they do, but I as a buyer rarely get to chose who you the seller choses to ship through. And if you say, No PO Box, I assume (maybe wrong to do so) that you want to ship Postal as default. All I am saying is that before you make a blanket statement that you won't ship to a PO Box, try to think that there are those of us that a PO Box is all we have. I'm just saying to educate yourself to the more modern day options. UPS and FEDEX shipping to a PO Box is kinda new relatively speaking....

KV6O likes this.
  10. N5RV

I'd like to add that FEDEX is kind of interesting company to ship through. You can ship to a PO Box, but in my case they still deliver to my home. In their database, they have linked my PO Box and my home address. But they will ship to the PO Box if that link didn't exist. I am very happy that they are willing and able to do this. But at the same time I am kinda leery of companies assembling specialized data on me... but we do live in "internet times" where more and more our data is stored and grouped in larger and larger "datasets" that point precisely to a persons interests...