No FT8 ROBOTS allowed in ARRL Contests!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by WA6MHZ, Aug 13, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

uh...... think again, pal.

2. N8OHU

N8OHU Ham Member QRZ Page

And I, and a lot of others, have no interest in competing with another ham's computer.

N3AB and WN1MB like this.
  3. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

Many of us feel the same way about Winstink.

4. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Oh, he had to go there. :oops:

5. N8OHU

N8OHU Ham Member QRZ Page

Doesn't mean I have follow. :)

6. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

My computer will gladly take those QSOs off your hands. :D

KP4SX likes this.
  7. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You'll be more fun at parties by not being a Negative Nellie :)

8. WA7F

WA7F Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Sorry, If I’m repeating what someone else has said but, I have no intention of reading twenty pages of posts.

Personally, I’m happy that automated FT-8 contacts have been removed from contest and award eligibility. It never should have been allowed the first place because there is no sport and only minimal effort in this. A good question came up on page one asking how this will be enforced. The answer is remove ALL FT-8 contacts from eligibility until automated contact modes are removed from FT-8. Yes, it’s unfair to many that don't use automated contacts but, it’s the only way to truely enforce this ruling. So roll back to the JT and other modes until automated FT-8 contacts are just a bad memory.

There you go, I’ve tossed out a solution. Bash away if you want but you won’t get further responses from me on this topic.

9. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I still don't know how that could be done or enforced. You make it seem like there is something inherently automatic in the mode. The automation is done by modifying the computer program(s) that run the rig. The same could be done with any mode.

10. UR6EA

UR6EA Ham Member QRZ Page

After hams began to use FT-8 and ARRL counts FT-8 QSO`s for DXCC, most of HAM`s go to FT8!
    The absence of the need to listen, tuning, choose the time of the call, allowed to robotize the process of QSO!
    FT-8 Robots are massively advertised on the network, there are even offers at ebay!!!
    In this regard, the value of DXCC mix diplomas is decreasing.
    CW & SSB Bands are empty if there are no BIG Contests.
    Will HAM`s return to CW and SSB when they play enough in FT-8 sms?
    I think not all ...

So, I don't mind FT-8... like MODE!
    But, it would be reasonable for the FT-8 QSO`s to issue individual "FT-8 Diplomas" rather than dumping all mode`s into a mix.
    FT-8 "SMS QSO`s" - killed our Hobbies, reduced the prestige of CW & SSB QSO`s.... to be able to listen, to tuning!
    SMS FT-8 QSO`s do not transmit the voice of the operator, can`t convey emotions, other information, like CW & SSB.

We turned into Soulless Bots!
    Matrix has Come!

Well, robots!
    It is impossible to ban FT-8 Robots, since it is impossible to control.
    Everything that cannot be controlled will be applied!
    Do not apply what others use - be a loser!

This is one of those issues that upsets me.
    ------------
    BTW At last 6-years, I have about 100 000 QSO`s.... more than 10 000 QSO`s in FT-8
    I know well what I'm saying ...
    ------------
    Does everyone leave for FT-8?
    OK! And I'm leaving!

Many of HAM`s use robots?
    No problems! Let's do it!

Nobody wants to be a Loser!
    Smell someone's exhaust is not comfortable!
    Please, think about it!