No Certificates Were Provided By Your Browser

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by W7EE, Jul 18, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W7EE

W7EE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Well I have followed the instructions to use LOTW for verification I think. But I get this message.

No Certificates Were Provided By Your Browser

What the heck does that mean?

W7EE

2. W7EE

Okay, after an hour of messing with this crap, I figured out how to manually put the certificate in my Chrome browser. I am verified now. I am totally clueless on these certificates and what the hell they do in my browser. More computer crap, when the internet goes dead, at least I can send CW without the damn thing.

W7EE
    Ludite

KA9JLM likes this.
  3. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Your perseverance paid off. Welcome to the [​IMG] world!
    You raised an interesting point. "More computer crap, when the internet goes dead, at least I can send CW without the damn thing". I use a Flex-6300 so I can't. I see a battery powered QRP CW rig in my future . . . thank you.

4. NZ4X

NZ4X XML Subscriber QRZ Page

CW is the only century old digital mode! I use an FT-818 on battery power on CW. Talk to the world on 2.5 watts!

5. AJ4GQ

Thank you. Great advice!

6. W7EE

Thanks for the compliment, excuse me for the bad attitude in that post. I was getting frustrated and got a little zealous with my language. I have a friend with a Flex and after watching him pull his hair out with a Windows 10 upgrade I was sure I would never use a computer solely to control my station. I have two rigs with battery power, a K1 and K2. Lots of fun to use 5 watts and a wire in a tree

W7EE

7. AJ4GQ

Your language was precise and to the point. I doubt anyone had any trouble understanding exactly what you meant :). Apparently your experience was not unique as a number of others also developed a love/hate (mostly hate) relationship with Chrome while trying to upload their LoTW certificate. Ok, the Elecraft rigs are now on my short list, along with the FT-818.

W7EE likes this.