No audio input from microHAM Interface III on Win 8.1

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by DO2XU, May 25, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
  1. DO2XU

DO2XU Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi all,
    I had been using the microHAM USB Interface III with my Kenwood TS-570D for FT8 successfully for many months. Running Win 8.1 here. After turning on the computer a few days ago, the sound input "USB AUDIO CODEC" does not get any audio level from the Kenwood. COM works all fine though, I can change the bands by clicking in JTDX and WSJT. There is no audio input, whatever software I try to use.

The Line-In called "USB AUDIO CODEC" can be edited in the audio settings, but it does neither get nor make any sound.

Any solution?

Timm DO2XU

2. K2QB

K2QB Ham Members QRZ Page

Timm keep digging into your sound settings in Windows. Mine just did a similar thing and it ended up being a setting in the Windows sound devices where my USB III was actually picked as the default output device casing my rig to key every 30 seconds. Looks like Windows did some sort of update and changed sound settings on some folks.

Jim K2QB

3. DO2XU

DO2XU Ham Member QRZ Page

Jim, thanks for your comment. I have been trying different sound settings, picking USB III as the default and then not as the default. Back and forth... Uninstalling and re-installing audio drivers didn't change anything either. Probably only a reset of my computer will do good.

4. K2QB

K2QB Ham Members QRZ Page

Tim the other thing you can try is doing a System Restore back to a date when everything was working. I've done that in the past success.

Jim K2QB