NMO Mount on a 2018 Chevy Silverado

Discussion in 'Mobile Radio' started by KE8AUO, Sep 26, 2019.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KE8AUO

KE8AUO Subscriber QRZ Page

I currently have my antenna mounted using the Comnet no hole fender bracket on my 2018 Silverado. I want to move to the roof of my truck. Utilizing an NMO mount. Looking for some info on location of the factory wiring for the the overhead reading lights.

2. AI7PM

AI7PM Ham Member QRZ Page

Pull a dome light or one corner of the headliner and have a look. More importantly than avoiding the reading lights, route the coax BEHIND any airbag hardware you find, and it's not hard. Sorry, no recent GM experience, and, it was easy enough on the Fords and Ram I've done.

W7EDC and K0UO like this.
  3. KE8AUO

KE8AUO Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you AI7PM for the advice.

4. K7PNW

K7PNW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Dome light access is the easiest, but WATCH OUT for air bags and associated wiring!!!!!

K0UO likes this.
  5. K9PHT

K9PHT Ham Member QRZ Page

I did this with my F150 Truck mounting NMO mounts on the door edge.. The antenna moves out just alittle when opening the rear doors.. Has great operations here and no holes drilled haha.. My radios main chassis are mounted under the rear seat of the truck and controls heads up on the center console.

[​IMG]
    Roy's image

[​IMG]
    Roy's image

[​IMG]
    Roy's image

No holes drilled except on the bed rail for the LITTLE TARHEEL II mount. All works great... I can tune my TARHEEL HF antenna from inside the truck... My favorite bands is 80M/40M… Even my console side has no holes drilled.. Control heads mounted to plastic panel and all VELCROed in place... The KENWOOD Speakers are mounted to a piece of wood that is sitting in the driver door glove box...

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020