Nice afternoon on 6m

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by DK7OB, May 28, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. DK7OB

DK7OB Ham Member QRZ Page

Yesterday afternoon 6m opened to the Caribbean. I worked HI, HH, CU, all new ones on 6 m.
    Heard several KP4, but couldn't work one.

Later the band opened to the east, I worked EK, TA (Asiatic), also new ones.

That was in FT8. No DX on CW.

It certainly helped that we are no longer limited to 25W PEP on 6m (at least until end of 2020)

2. W1VT

W1VT Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations! So far I've worked Corsica and Guernsey for new ones with 6M transatlantic openings.

3. DK7OB

DK7OB Ham Member QRZ Page

Yesterday was another nice opening. Worked TZ4AM and GU4CHY for new ones. This was in CW. The band was full of stations.

Today I heard TT8SN in CW but he went off air before I could work him.

4. WB8VLC

WB8VLC Ham Member QRZ Page

The pacific northwest US had a 4 hour opening to europe today on 6 meters which is unheard of for us.

In total I had 52 europeans in with but only a dozen and a half were completed due to heavy qsb/unstable conditions and a little 6el at 30feet and low power, 75 watts.

All qso's were on ft8 which is typical these days even though many stations were in single ft8 digits for rssi but still even with only a dozen and a half completes it was still a great day especially considering that our last big europe to US PNW opening was in 2012.

W2VW and KP4SX like this.