ad: Flexradio-1

nGenLog is back as FREEWARE

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by GM0PHW, Mar 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. W0SGM

W0SGM Ham Member QRZ Page

not bad..
    needs a way to filter spots as mentioned before; by band, worked,confirmed etc.
    can't get the call lookup to work with QRZ cd database on hard drive, but that's a moot point since qrz is dropping that database downloads and I'm going back to Hamcall anyway

2. GM0PHW

GM0PHW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Great, I am going to create a how to sheet so if you can send me the config for the FT2000 I will add it to it, likewise anyone with other radio configs please email me at gm0phw@hamcall.co.uk

3. W6WAT

W6WAT Ham Member QRZ Page

Norton is horrible software. "Try" to delete it and use something else. Avast, AVG, Kapersky and others are far better. Norton really messes with your entire system. I quit using it many years ago, but out IT dept uses it on our network and we have constant issues.

4. KC9UMP

KC9UMP Ham Member QRZ Page

I had the same problem. It runs on windows 8, but having problems with windows 7. It will not load at all. Tried running as administrator and tried different compatibility options. Nothing so far. An more ideas?

5. N1BBR

N1BBR Ham Member QRZ Page

Installing application - getting around anti-virus and permission issues

If your OS is Win 7, you can sometimes have problems installing aps, not only due to anti-virus, but also Win7 file permissions may interfere.
    Although I didn't have this problem with nGenlog, I did have it with EZNEC 5.
    Try opening msconfig and select boot in safe mode, then restart in safe mode, and try to install the software that way.
    Then reset system to boot normal mode.
    Fingers crossed :-]

6. AA9DL

AA9DL Ham Member QRZ Page

Having problems opening the log file. An "unexpected error" message appears when I try to create a file. Anyone else have this problem and how do you fix it?

7. AA9DL

AA9DL Ham Member QRZ Page

As I try to load the log, I get a "unexpected error has occurred" message. I've tried running nGenlog as administrator, reconfiguring, and running in safe mode. Nothing works...any ideas?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.