ad: M2Ant-1

Newsline Young Ham of the Year on Ham Nation

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K9EID/SK2024, Aug 14, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. K9EID/SK2024

K9EID/SK2024 QRZ Lifetime Member #477 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Marty Sullaway, KC1CWF will be a guest with Don Wilbanks on Ham Nation at 8 pm CDT. Marty is this year's Young Ham of the Year on the late Bill Pasternak's NEWSLINE. Marty is a 15 year old Extra that loves serious contesting, working DX and mentoring other young hams. He is the treasurer of the Clay Center ARC. W1CLA
    He will receive the award at the Huntsville Hamfest. Join Marty Wednesday night by putting Ham Nation
    into Google at 8 P M. CDT.

W1AWFun_.jpg

9W2ZVU, WB9VPG, KM4SII and 5 others like this.
  2. K4AAQ

K4AAQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations, Marty!

In addition to the accomplishments Bob mentioned, Marty co-host a podcast at http://phasinglinepodcast.com. Tune in!

WB9VPG likes this.
  3. K9EID/SK2024

Thanks for this, Gary.

BOB HEIL

K4AAQ likes this.
  4. KE0GXB

KE0GXB Ham Member QRZ Page

After seeing Marty on "Ham Radio Now" for many episodes, glad to see he has won this award. His work with Gary has elevated him to earn his first interview with Bob Heil. That is his first interview after winning the award. Very much looking forward to this episode. It was announced a while back about him winning this award, and I have been on pins and needles to find out how he feels. Could not think of a better person who deserves it. My sincerest congratulations and best wishes.

5. K9PLG

K9PLG Ham Member QRZ Page

Well Deserved !! Great Job Marty ! I always liked the "Chicken With Fries" phonetics :D

WB9VPG likes this.
  6. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Mazel Tov Marty:)

KV4BB and K3SX like this.
  7. K9EID/SK2024

Thanks for your reply. I met Marty and his mother several years ago at Dayton and he has joined us on Ham Nation when (I think) he was 13. We have stated in contact and I appreciate watching his contest and DX work grown. Wonderful young man.

8. N0IRS

N0IRS Ham Member QRZ Page

It's been nice to see Marty progress and grow in life and in this great hobby. Need more like him joining our ranks. It's after all a Life Long Hobby!

NY7Z likes this.
  9. VE6AFO

VE6AFO Ham Member QRZ Page

Indeed Marty, Congratulations on winning the "Young Ham of the Year" award. At age 15, that is quite the accomplishment! In another couple of years you will be thinking of scholarships for your post secondary education. When this time comes, don't forget to apply for a Quarter Century Wirless Association (QCWA) scholarship by making application with Foundation for Amateur Radio (FAR) http://www.farweb.org/

Ken Oelke, VE6AFO
    President, QCWA, Inc.

WB9VPG likes this.
  10. I8QJU

I8QJU Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations to Marty, it will be a pleasure to hear you one day, I hope as soon as possible in CW.
    Sincerely grateful, 73 'Joe / I8QJU

11. KA0KA

KA0KA Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for sharing this info!
    Just helped my 13 year old neighbor Evan K0EVN get his ticket, we have been playing with both SDR and tube regenerative RXers. He operates my HF station at the moment, but we are in process to build him up as well! Fun times!

WB9VPG and W1YW like this.
  12. WB9ZHL

WB9ZHL Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats Marty. I will be watching your progress. Good luck. I also had the opportunity to watch Neil Rapp, wb9vpg advance from a five year old for the last 41 years. His contributions to ham radio has been excellent. Ken wb9zhl

13. W2BK

W2BK Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats Marty on winning the YHOTY. Looks like the picture above was taken the day I first met you and your mother at the ARRL? Hope to see you at the Boxboro Hamfest in September.
    Best 73
    Glenn/Welcome 2 Burger King

NN1C likes this.