NEWS FROM TORTOLLA VP2VQ

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by WB2TFM, Sep 28, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K3QNTad-1
ad: l-gcopper
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-rfparts
  1. WB2TFM

WB2TFM Ham Member QRZ Page

Talked to VP2VQ today he (George) and his family are ok and doing as well as could expected.
    George told me all antennas are gone all windows and doors were blown out by Irma everything is destroyed.
    He asked me to look for a small generator which I found but if shipped by boat will not get there for 2 wks.
    Waiting till the 2nd Oct. to try and fly it down by Amerijet.
    If some one knows a faster way or if someone is flying down please let know I live net to a small airport in Williston,Fl.
    George sounded good phone service was in and out.
    If there is anyone that knows George in the Miami area please let me know.

Thanks and keep George and his family in your thoughts and all the people affected by Irma,Harvey.

WB2TFM

W5BIB likes this.
  2. WB2TFM

WB2TFM Ham Member QRZ Page

I am sure a lot of us have talked to VP2VQ I talked to George and he got a small generator so he could sleep with a fan at least.
    It will take awhile to rebuild his shack and home.
    If any one would be able to help him get his station back on the air I am sure he would be great full I am asking not George help us get him back on the air with antennas or towers. It's time to help out those who need help.

3. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

hi, if you go visit Tortola please post some photos. I haven't found many, it all looks awful, unimaginable destruction. Cliff (vp2vgg for 2012 10m contest!)