Newbie question on a Yaesu.

Discussion in 'Mobile Radio Systems' started by WANNABHAM2, Nov 28, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. WANNABHAM2

WANNABHAM2 QRZ Member

Just starting out and yet to receive my license and learning as I go! :) Can anyone tell me if the Yaesu FT-2980r is a VHF/UHF radio? I seem to be having trouble finding where it states that or not.:rolleyes:

2. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

You'll learn quickly here that a lot of folks expect stuff so simple to Google be Googled before posting.... just sayin' ;)

But outside of that, Google gave me this: https://www.yaesu.com/indexVS.cfm?c...51389D979FE1311373&DivisionID=65&isArchived=0

2-meters only - real solid radio, as is typical with most things Yaesu

Dave
    W7UUU

3. WANNABHAM2

WANNABHAM2 QRZ Member

Well, as I stated, I'm just starting out and know nothing of this hobby. I did search and like I also stated, I didn't see where it stated VHF/UHF. Thank you for the link but, please go ahead and delete my account! If this is the response to very new folks starting out, I'd rather not be a part of this Forum. Thanks.

4. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Good grief! Really?

I simply pointed you to the link showing it as a 144-MHz radio. I was NOT trying to insult you - I was trying to HELP you.

Wow

Happy Thanksgiving regardless,

Dave
    W7UUU

W7EDC and WANNABHAM2 like this.
  5. WANNABHAM2

WANNABHAM2 QRZ Member

PM sent with my apologies!:(

6. N4MU

N4MU Ham Member QRZ Page

Welcome to the hobby! Yes, you'll find that there are a lot of bogus answers but most of them are never sent with malice. You can surely tell the ones that are. I've been licensed since 61 and still find myself depending on the knowledge of others from time to time...and still receiving (and giving) dumb responses...don't take it to heart...it's mainly just a bunch of old farts having a good time...as you should be. Again, welcome...have fun!

WANNABHAM2 likes this.
  7. WANNABHAM2

WANNABHAM2 QRZ Member

Thank you! I was a bit sensitive (trust me, I'm not a snowflake LOL!) and felt genuine regret for my quick response! Slowing down and trying to get a grasp on this new to me interest. I'm having some difficulty locating a local Elmer to mentor me but, hopefully will find one soon. :)