Newbie needing advice please

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by SCOGGY, Apr 1, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. SCOGGY

SCOGGY QRZ Member

good evening I was just wondering if anybody can point me in the right direction ? I am looking to get back into radio after a 27year break {kids} and wondered what sort of a set up you would recommend to get me back on the air , in the past I was fm and am with ssb listening in which I would like to get back to , I have a 5/8 wave and 2m aerials up on shed but would like to buy a new set , any ideas ? Any help would be very grateful just want to hear all the languages back again and progress in this field Alan

Attached Files:

2. JA6XZS

JA6XZS Volunteer DX Helper Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi Alan,

If you'd like to become a HAM and you already have a "2m aerials" I would recommend a 2m all mode rig, even a used rig will do.

If you'd like to QRV on HF bands, for example FT-991, IC-7300 and some other HF all mode rigs would be fine for you.
    I think you can search more information such as rigs and the spec on the internet.

Hope this helps you.

Kaz, JA6XZS

3. SCOGGY

SCOGGY QRZ Member

Many thanks for the helpful info I have just bought foundation licence book and reading thro it now I also have a Sirio 827 is this any good or is it specific for 11m ? Once again thank you for the help it’s a mine field out there
    Alan