ad: Schulman-1

Newbie here with a Yaesu FT-8900R question...

Discussion in 'On the Road' started by KJ7RVB, Dec 21, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KJ7RVB

KJ7RVB Ham Member QRZ Page

Been through the manual a few times and maybe I missed it, but is there a way to review a memorized channel? I have named each memory by the name of the repeater and that is what shows in the display but I would like to make absolutely sure each channel's specifics match what's on my ADMS-2H spreadsheet. Thanks in advance! Ray, KJ7LIP

2. KD0CAC

KD0CAC Ham Member QRZ Page

I would guess something like setting up cloning , setting up your program to clone anther rig , and just check the output list ?

3. KJ7RVB

I'd imagine there's something easier that can be recalled through the radio's display, but I can't find it.

4. K5UNX

K5UNX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have an FT-8800 . . . There is a way to do that by holding the LOW button down for a 1/2 second. Which LOW button depends on whether you have the buttons in mode 1 or mode 2. You’ll have to check the manual for that. I would assume it’s like the FT-8800 but I am not sure of that.

5. KJ7RVB

Thanks. That pulls up the listening frequency...but I also would like to review TX frequency, the offset and if it's set to + or -, tone frequency and whether it's enabled, etc. from the radio's display.

6. K5UNX

K5UNX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

There is probably a way to copy the memory freq into the VFO which should include the data you are looking for also.

7. K6CPO

K6CPO Ham Member QRZ Page

Download the radio's programming into a NEW file in your programming software and compare that to the original file you created to program the radio in the first place. The two should match. You have to make sure it's a new file and you're not overwriting your existing file.

8. K0VWA

K0VWA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Once you've held the correct "LOW" button down and switched the display to show receive frequency you can just hit the PTT button to see the transmit frequency so you verify the offset. Also, just above the frequency display is a "-" or "+" depending on if the repeater offset is - or +. You'll also notice the tone squelch indicator as well - it changes depending on mode but will show "ENC" when the radio is set to send a squelch tone - like CTCSS. See page 18 of the manual to see where the +/- and ENC/DEC areas are located.

Last but not least, you can short-press the menu button in the center of the radio to access the setup menu. From there you can verify/change the tone squelch mode and frequency. The menu options are #39 and #40. The repearter related section of the manual starts at page 29.

Congrats on your new license! Hope this has helped a bit. Good luck!

KJ7RVB likes this.
  9. KJ7RVB

Very, very helpful. Thanks!

VA7AMX and K0VWA like this.
  10. KJ7RVB

Thanks. Do you know if there is a way to change a small programming mistake if you don't have access to a computer, the software or the cable? I didn't enter "simplex" when I programmed the page and it's causing my radio to automatically offset on both 2 meter simplex and 70cm simplex. Thanks

K0VWA likes this.