ad: DNyberg-1

New Years Day QRZ Net?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W0XX, Nov 28, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
  1. W0XX

W0XX Ham Member QRZ Page

I know the Zeds have done Turkey Day roundup...but have they done anything like Christmas Eve or New Years Day round up? Just curious. Haven't seen anything on that...

2. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

New Years is straight key night nationally for CW folks. You'd have a bigger pool of people on a "night before Christmas" net the day before.

3. KQ9J

KQ9J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

There's a QRZ New Years Day net every year. It's just like the Turkey Day Net. Except on New Years Day. :p

K9ASE likes this.
  4. W0XX

W0XX Ham Member QRZ Page

Didn't know that...knew and heard of the Turkey Day net, but not the other...thanks for the info...

K9ASE likes this.
  5. W0XX

W0XX Ham Member QRZ Page

Isn't that New Years Eve into New Years?
    Have to look up the ARRL info on that...been a while since I did that one...

6. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Just a reminder as well: if you submit you SKN log to ARRL, you will be listed in the April edition of QST. It's pretty much the ONLY way most of us would ever be listed in a "contest listing" in QST unless you're a total powerhouse contester :)

I do SKN every year and even if it's just 5 or 10 contacts, any number "counts" and you'll be listed. Kinda fun to see your call in QST

Dave
    W7UUU

W7JZE likes this.
  7. KQ9J

KQ9J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

As long as it's not in "Silent Keys" :D

WA3YAY, W7DCM, N7ZAL and 2 others like this.
  8. W7JZE

W7JZE QRZ Lifetime Member #84 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I feel the same way about Field Day. S'nice to see my call in QST :). Thanks, Dave for this info on SKN. I didn't know that.

Well, there IS that :eek:.

(Still laughing :p)

On Topic: I'll attend the QRZ New Years Day net.

9. W0XX

W0XX Ham Member QRZ Page

Then again, would you actually "see it"....all your friends the bargain hunters would be contacting your XYL...

K8AI likes this.
  10. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It's the only way I've ever got my call sign published in QST. The other easy way (well not so easy) is as a SK.

W7UUU likes this.