ad: elecraft

New Yaesu Mobiles Coming -- FTM-3207DR and FT-2980R!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W4LKO, May 16, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
  1. W4LKO

W4LKO Ham Member QRZ Page

Attached Files:

K2JBC and AD5KO like this.
  2. KT5OT

KT5OT Ham Member QRZ Page

hope they do something with the awful recieve and intermod these rigs have!

K2JBC, N2YGI, K9ASE and 1 other person like this.
  3. AD0MI

AD0MI Ham Member QRZ Page

nice, the 3207DR may find a place in my shack. Due to the stupidity of repeater coordination around here, almost every single Fusion repeater is on UHF.

K2JBC likes this.
  4. AD0JA

AD0JA Ham Member QRZ Page

My FT2900R has worse RX than any of my TH-F6a handhelds. Very disappointing. This was after I replaced the IF filters as previously wide band receive was totally deaf.

WOW, 80w from 75w, I'm sure that's a huge difference...NOT.

What's the use in having a radio that can hit everything, but can't hear it?

K2JBC, N2YGI, KH6TA and 1 other person like this.
  5. N0YPD

N0YPD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I wish they would skip the wide band receive and just concentral improvements on the operating ham bands. I for one don't want or need wide band receive on my ham equipment.

VE7WAE, K2JBC, N2YGI and 2 others like this.
  6. W2JKT

W2JKT Ham Member QRZ Page

I have both a 2900R and a 3200DR and neither of them is "totally deaf," and neither of them exhibit "awful receive and intermod."

There was a small number of 2900's made with a faulty WFM IF filter, which is a $1 part from Yaesu and takes a few minutes to replace. This faulty filter caused receiver insensitivity and poor receive SINAD. (Kenwood D710's also had this problem in a small number, as they both use the same WFM IF filter).

Is it really necessary to blow things completely out of proportion, all the time?

KC9KLL, KD5BVX, KX4CC and 8 others like this.
  7. KM4NYI

KM4NYI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have a 2900R, and it's a fantastic performing radio on receive and transmit. Built like a tank, works great, easy to operate........the new model adding a little more "punch" is about the only improvement I can think of for the venerable 2900.

N9EIV and K2JBC like this.
  8. KD9ERS

KD9ERS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I also have the 2900R, it's a great rig. I hear very well on it and it's great on simplex. Love the little work horse!

K2JBC likes this.
  9. KJ6TQ

KJ6TQ Ham Member QRZ Page

This could be a game-changer for linking repeaters via UHF!!! I'm curious what the FTM-3207DR price will be.

K2JBC likes this.
  10. K2JBC

K2JBC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I purchased a 2900R a few months ago. It is very inconstant with the output.
    Even when cool I get varying wattage. Could be full 75W or as little as 55-60W.
    Any other radio on the same antenna system is consistent.
    The receive is fine and I use it on NBEMS for ARES digital nets as well as phone.