ad: wmr-1

New Yaesu FTdx101D HF Transceiver

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VA2PV, May 21, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K8XG

K8XG Ham Member QRZ Page

The HDMI port on my high end Gaming Lap Top [not used for games fyi] is already intermittent and I bought it back in OCT. I guess plugging it in once a day to the 65" Monitor on the Wall for high end work just doesn't hold up on them. I remember my older Thinkpad's HDMI port going totally bad as that was the only streaming device I had for my HD TV back in those days. DVI is more robust, use and adapter that can be replaced for $10 when its port goes bad.

2. AK9DX

AK9DX Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow!!! In this day and age I'm surprised that the Yaesu does not have the Ethernet port for remote set up.
    It's also a shame that Yaesu put on the older display port (DVI-D Dual-Link or DVI-D Single-Link) . No HDMI output......unthinkable! Yaesu put the USB type B connector on, really???

The Kenwood display output (DVI-I Dual-Link orDVI-I Single-Link) is better but no HDMI? To bad!
    At least Kenwood put USB Type A and B on their radio. But how come no USB 3.0?
    Thankfully, Kenwood had the sense to put a LAN jack (Ethernet) on their radio. Lets hope its implemented well.

Other than that, I want them both!

3. AE2B

AE2B Ham Member QRZ Page

Sad a guy l;ike me cant afford this new stuff. I had to beg borrow and steal to make my shack thanks to selling my motorcycle and pay pal credit pay it off in time no interest, Slowly it came together. All this new stuff they make its for them for the deep pocket hams, guys like me don't stand a chance. ridiculous prices but a gorgeous radio. 6 grand start for the new kpa 1500 way blown out prices , gorgeous equipment no doubt but not for me or guys like me

KD6SBR likes this.
  4. KD4VJP

KD4VJP Ham Member QRZ Page

Targeting Baby Boomers, with way too much money in the bank? Shame on you Japanese capitalists! :) Who won anyway?

#stickingwithmy7300fornow

5. KA2K

KA2K XML Subscriber QRZ Page

If it powers up and transmits your golden. Who needs gorgeous?? :)

6. KD6SBR

KD6SBR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

At least you have a station, More power to ya (no pun intended) ,I had to sell all of mine due to $$$ issues, I am dying to get back into this great hobby but bills and living come first, all I can do is listen, boo hoo, lol.

7. KE0EYJ

KE0EYJ Ham Member QRZ Page

A lot of guys on FB's Ham on a budget group are buying and having great fun with that radio the guy in India makes. It's a kit, but pretty much complete, except a few wires to solder. It costs around $130, and you get mulitple bands and around 7 to 10w out, if memory serves.

http://www.hfsignals.com

8. KD6SBR

KD6SBR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for the info, but I will wait a while to go 100w rig, take care.

9. K3LI

K3LI Ham Member QRZ Page

So, its just like everyone elses radio. Nothing to see here. Just a touch screen bigger than the IC7300. Wont work any better than any semi high end radio. Just like the latest anything. 99.9 percent hype .1 percent difference. Just like Golf driver manufacturers. LOOK, our newest and greatest driver ever. (no, it doest go any further we just tell you it does and charge more money) The lap dogs just salivate over them.

W4KVW, K1PJA and VE3TCV like this.
  10. VE3TCV

VE3TCV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Believe me you are not missing much, I tried many of these newer radios and I keep selling them off as they are not better than what we have. The FTDX-5000 will smoke just about anything out there and they can now be bought used for around 2-3K ;)

AG7JQ, KN4RA, WB9AZA and 1 other person like this.
  11. N9TRE

N9TRE Ham Member QRZ Page

After buying in early on the FT-991 and then getting the $800 upgrade offer to the FT-991a ($800 is not an upgrade it's a new rig) I'll be waiting a while on any Yaesu rig I buy again... --Al N9TRE

UT7UX and W4FBI like this.
  12. WY7BG

WY7BG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Not sure why folks are fussing over the presence of the DVI port (which is no big deal; most monitors can accept DVI and if you want HDMI a converter is cheap and easy to find). To me, what is astonishing is that there is no RJ45 Ethernet port. No networking capability? On an SDR? In this day and age?

As for price point: They CAN beat Icom's pricing of the IC-7610 if they so choose. But they may instead price it about the same and throw in some software features that Icom does not offer.

AG7JQ likes this.
  13. G0WXU

G0WXU Ham Member QRZ Page

Love the new rig and video ,thank's. Love the backing music. Will have a go along with the old mandolin to it to add some top Hi. 73 de John - GØWXU.

14. GW4CRH

GW4CRH Ham Member QRZ Page

Therefore makes the 7300 look like the absolute bargain it is. Not interested at that price.

15. N2AGC

N2AGC Ham Member QRZ Page

I THINK YOU DID A GREAT JOB ON THE VID. THIS DOES LOOK LIKE THE TOP OF THE HF RADIOS.