ad: Radclub22-1

New Yaesu FTdx101D HF Transceiver

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VA2PV, May 21, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KD6SBR

KD6SBR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Then I can see spending that kind of $$$, but no way just for HF.

2. KD6SBR

I never knew that about "Royalties" when it comes to data jacks , I just learned something new. Thanks for the info.

3. KD6SBR

Trust me it will sell, just for someone to say I have one, lol, but I have been wrong before.

4. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Ham Member QRZ Page

It won't sell many for 5k. I think it may sell really well for 3-4.

5. K8TDN

K8TDN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Well with the price being either 3-4k or 5-9kl I will be looking for all the high end Icom 7700/7800 or other shack high to get sold for a replacement for shack radio...being retired I don't see a 3-9k radio in my future....just not a want or a desire for me. Although if I won one I would not turn it down but I might make some one a really good deal when I sold it. Just saying...I never really wanted one of the high end or top of the line radio.

Don't get me wrong I get iot just not for me...I need to operate the ones I have better and get the most out of them..

73 Terry k8tdn

WB4M likes this.
  6. WB4M

WB4M Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I never wanted a top end rig either. All I really need or want is 100 watts and a good CW filter.

K8TDN likes this.
  7. WB4M

WB4M Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Agreed. All of the new rigs make my 11-year old FT-2000D look better and better, and I still don't use all of its functions or capabilities.

W4FBI and K8TDN like this.
  8. KA3ZAI

KA3ZAI Ham Member QRZ Page

After it's be out for a while, I may get one if the price falls to 2k.

9. KG5THG

KG5THG Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm probably not a good judge being a new ham and my first and only rig is an Icom 7300, but based on the price of the 7610, if I felt I needed to upgrade, I would really have to look at the 6400m as it is cheaper and it appears to have a better feature set. My guess is that these new rigs are competition for the 7610 (as well as new technology offerings for the companies), but if they both come in over the 6400m, this could be a big deal for flex. It's tough out there. I'm glad I really like my little 7300. It will be interesting to see how these shake out as a Yeasu ftdx1200 and the Kenwood ts590sg were the other radios in my hat when I selected the 7300.

10. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Ham Member QRZ Page

KG5THG likes this.
  11. AB8DT

AB8DT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

KG5THG likes this.
  12. AB9TX

AB9TX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The actual reason manufacturers use DVI connectors is two fold- they are more robust- I repaired an HDMI port after and intermittent issue, and believe me it is tough, consumer grade junk.
    DVI not only is more robust and lockable-- the wires are heavier and better shielded. Broadcast test equipment like rasterizers and quality control monitors use DVI ports. HDMI connectors on your radio will fail eventually.

Peace

Earl
    AB9TX

. EarlMeter.gif

PJ2SM, UT7UX, AG7LR and 5 others like this.
  13. W5TXR

W5TXR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

No C4FM?

14. W5TXR

W5TXR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

AB9TX is correct, HDMI ports fail with even moderate use. DVI can be locked in place. I prefer DVI

PJ2SM and K8XG like this.
  15. VK4VAB

VK4VAB Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't believe royalties would be the problem, if you can get HDMI Ports on a $6 Raspberry Pi then they can cost that much, specially when compared to the overall cost of what this unit will is.

I would have though it was more a lack of foresight.

AG7JQ likes this.