ad: Alphaant-1

New Yaesu FTdx101D HF Transceiver

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VA2PV, May 21, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. DAVIDRADIO

DAVIDRADIO QRZ Member

Very nice, how much?

2. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Ham Member QRZ Page

3. KK6FR

KK6FR Ham Member QRZ Page

Anything in the $3,000 to $4,000 Is in the right ball park, Im' also a Diehard Yaesu Ham, I have two FT-991A's the FT DX 3000, the FT 857 D and my main radio the FT DX 5000 MP. Also many 2900's 2980's and handhelds and so on. This New FT DX 101 D is really going have outshine my 5000 MP for me to buy one. Lip-stick and eyebrow liner is nice, It's the receiver (s) that will tell the story. I see already it could have had at least one or two more SO-239 for antennas on the back. ( I have a lot of antennas) For it being just out the gate it looks nice. What I would like to see from Yaesu is a VHF. UHF. base radio, 2M 220, 440, 900, 1.2, as it is now you have to buy an HF rig just to get on 2M SSB or 432 SSB. Just my 3 cents worth, (inflation)...

AG7LR, KD6SBR, N4GST and 1 other person like this.
  4. KA1VT

KA1VT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

At that price and it being a 100 watt radio it will not sell. I also suspect it will be around $3000 as they will want to under cut Icom.

N0YPD and AC7S like this.
  5. WB4YAL

WB4YAL Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the presentation Pascal. I believe I will stick with my IC 7610 and my FTDX9000D. But it is nice to know that Yaesu is getting into the SDR market.

6. K7FD

K7FD Subscriber QRZ Page

Nice fan on the back; just like my FT-101F!

7. N6JPG

N6JPG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Nice looking rig for sure. Only 100 Watts? They should have made it at least 200 like my FTDX 5000. After the FT-991 debacle, I predict any new radio from Yaesu will be a slow starter.

8. NA4RA

NA4RA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yaesu can I be a Beta tester?? Please contact me!!!

KA3ZAI, KD6SBR and WD4IGX like this.
  9. K6BBC

K6BBC Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Buy a Flex or Elecraft. They are made in America. Support American companies.

KR3DX and KA2FIR like this.
  10. KG5THG

KG5THG Ham Member QRZ Page

I do agree if the price is where they think it's going to be for either of the new offerings, I would be giving a 6400m a hard look.

WB4M likes this.
  11. VE3TMT

VE3TMT Ham Member QRZ Page

Does it have the clickety-click style controls like the FTDX-1200? I never owned a FTDX-3000 so not sure if they had them as well.

12. KD6SBR

KD6SBR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

HOLY $%^&$*, Sorry with the conditions as they are now, I PERSONALLY cant see paying that much anymore, at least IN MY CASE, LOL.

13. KA2BKG

KA2BKG Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok Paul when you get yours please forward the free one to me.

14. WD4IGX

I expect Gigaparts is right and it will be between 3k and 4k, competitive with but unlikely to greatly undercut the 7610.

At that price I might, just maybe, look into one (and the 7610) in a couple years when the bugs are out and reports are in - and maybe used ones can be had at a discount.

15. WD4IGX

Which price?

The 5k price is clearly absurd for this radio and will be a non-starter. It could do well, if it works well, at the 3k-4k Gigaparts is estimating.