ad: HamHats-1

New Winners Announced in the 25th Anniversary Sweepstakes

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KF7WIS, Oct 10, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KJ6CA

KJ6CA Ham Member QRZ Page

Some very interesting questions, good to know I don't know every thing.

2. N7KO

N7KO Ham Member QRZ Page

I do not read anywhere in the rules that your score has anything to do with winning.

Sweepstakes Rules

How to Enter
    You can enter once per day by completing our daily trivia challenge. Each time you complete a daily quiz, you are automatically entered into the sweepstakes.

No Purchase Necessary

No purchase is necessary to enter or win. Purchases made from either QRZ or its sponsors will not increase your odds of winning.

PRIZES. One Grand Prize, a Yaesu FTDX 101D, valued at approximately $3500.00 will be awarded at the end of the sweepstakes. The Yaesu FTDX-101D has not received FCC certification and may not be offered for sale or lease. If the FTDX-101D has not been certified or is otherwise not available for sale on or before the drawing date, a radio of equal or greater value will be awarded to the winner. Other prizes will be added throughout the duration of the Sweepstakes. Check QRZ.COM frequently for updates. Winners are responsible for all taxes and expenses associated with accepting a prize and winners are required to ensure that they comply with all local laws and guidelines.

PROMOTION PERIOD. The Promotion Period begins September 5, 2018 and ends December 5, 2018. Online entries must be received by our server before noon (US Mountain time) on December 5, 2018.

ELIGIBILITY. To participate, you must be at least 18 years of age at time of entry and licensed amateur operator or the legal guardian of a minor who is so licensed. Winners may be asked to provide proof of identity as well as a valid, current amateur radio license. All prizes include free shipping and handling within the United States. Winners located outside of the United States shall be responsible for all applicable freight charges, taxes, duties, tariffs, VAT, etc.. Entries with insufficient or inaccurate callsign database information will be disqualified. This promotion is VOID where prohibited by law. Licensed amateur operators under legal age must have their legal guardians submit entries and claim any prizes on their behalf. QRZ.com and GigaParts employees/ex-employees and their immediate family are not eligible to win.

WINNER SELECTION. The Grand Prize winner will be randomly selected on or after December 6, 2018. The winner's callsign will be announced live on QRZ.com within 24 hours of sweepstakes closing. The main drawing will time will be announced the week prior to the end of the sweepstakes. In the event that the chosen winner does not meet the eligibility requirements or is otherwise unable to receive the prize, another winner will selected, and so on, until the prize is awarded. The Grand Prize winner will be notified by email on or after December 7, 2018. The odds of winning are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries submitted by all participants during the Sweepstakes.

HOW TO ENTER ONLINE. Complete the QRZ 25th Anniversary Quiz and Sweepstakes. Only one entry per Callsign, per day is eligible. Entries submitted using an automated process such as bots, macros, scripts, or by a third-party will be disqualified.

DISCLAIMERS AND OTHER INFORMATION. The term "Sponsor" includes QRZ LLC, and Gigaparts, Inc, as well as the individual prize donors and sponsors. Sponsor is not responsible for any conditions which prevent participants from submitting entries online including, but not limited to: hardware or software malfunctions, network unavailability, or service outages. Sponsor is not responsible for injury or damage to participants or their computer equipment. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is unable to run as planned or if any incident occurs which affects the administration, integrity, fairness, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify, suspend, end prematurely, or restart the Sweepstakes, completely or in part. Any attempt at tampering with or manipulating the Sweepstakes will disqualify the participant and may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. The Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other legal remedies from any such person. By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules and agree to be bound by the decisions and interpretations of these rules made by the Sponsor which shall be final. The entrant also agrees to release and hold harmless from all liability, for any cause, the Sweepstakes Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, employees, officers, owners, or affiliates.

Participants agree to allow us to publish their name, callsign, and participation statistics on our website, in future promotions and advertising campaigns. The winner will be required to provide QRZ LLC with the information necessary for us to complete an IRS Form 1099. If the required information is not received by December 26, 2018, an alternate grand prizewinner will be chosen.

ARBITRATION/JURISDICTION. Except where prohibited by law, participants agree that all disputes, claims, or causes of action against the Sponsor shall be resolved exclusively by arbitration in accordance with the Rules of the American Arbitration Association, and all liability of the Sponsor will be limited to actual out-of-pocket expenses incurred by the participant exclusively for their participation in this Sweepstakes excluding legal fees, attorney fees, punitive, incidental, consequential, or other damages. All aspects of this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, in the jurisdiction of, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Arizona. If any part of these Official Rules is deemed invalid or unenforceable, the remainder shall be considered valid and enforceable as if the invalid and unenforceable provision was not contained therein.

N0CEL likes this.
  3. K3OCW

K3OCW Ham Member QRZ Page

Ah but these prizes listed under this “ Congraduations “ header were for 100%ers. Others don’t require 100% .

4. AE5GT

AE5GT Ham Member QRZ Page

Read the first post . ALL OF IT . 100% .

N0CEL likes this.
  5. AE5GT

AE5GT Ham Member QRZ Page

you dont need google , just dont log in and take the quiz. Then log in and take it a second time .

KG5SFT, N0CEL and VK6APZ/SK2022 like this.
  6. KG5SFT

KG5SFT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have a better chance of winning on Jeopardy. I am lucky to answer 1 maybe 2 of those questions on every quiz.

7. KD8OCT

KD8OCT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

This thing is fair but hard. Fairly hard in my case. Fun none the less!

KG5SFT likes this.
  8. PU2OLT

PU2OLT Ham Member QRZ Page

;)Faço o Quiz todos os dias e aproveite para aprender muitos detalhes que ainda não sei é um ótimo aprendizado!
    Espero algum tipo de premio sorteio.
    Parabéns a todos e nós.
    73 '' Oliveira PU2OLT
    Blog: http://qsldobrasil.blogspot.com

9. KF7WIS

KF7WIS QRZ CEO QRZ HQ Staff Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi folks. I just wanted to be sure to address the confusion about perfect scores. We decided to give away swag bags to a handful of people who have gotten a 100% score on any of the quizzes, just for fun. The winners of the rest of the prizes, including the very substantial grand prizes, will be chosen from the pool of all Hams who completed a quiz, regardless of score, and your name is entered once for each daily quiz that is completed. Good luck to all of you.
    Jaime

KC1HLU, KP4SX, W2CSI and 2 others like this.
  10. W2CSI

W2CSI Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks Jaime for shedding some light on the perfect score prizes.

Charles, W2CSI
    http://W2CSI.com

11. K3BEQ

K3BEQ Ham Member QRZ Page

The way it reads I believe it is just for the swag bags.
    73 Murray K3BEQ

K6UMA likes this.
  12. NI0P

NI0P XML Subscriber QRZ Page

That is a weird way to spell NI0P...Ha...:)

13. WB8ZHU

WB8ZHU Ham Member QRZ Page

I've won two lotteries in my life, one got me six years in the US Army and the other was a Yeasu FT-991A from Gigaparts. I don't mind if I don't win this one it's just fun to take the quiz.

73, Thom WB8ZHU

14. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

I thought I won the jackpot when I married my wife. Turns out she wasn't a Cougar but a Cheetah.

KG5SFT likes this.
  15. K6UMA

K6UMA Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you. She came on and clarified it. I don't think I was the only one since she also had to post something similar in another thread. She also stated that she might change it up a little and offer them out for other things too. Like completing all of the quizzes no matter the score, etc...