ad: AbAuRe-1

New Winners Announced in the 25th Anniversary Sweepstakes

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KF7WIS, Oct 10, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KF7WIS

KF7WIS QRZ CEO QRZ HQ Staff Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

We're celebrating our 25th anniversary with a huge amateur radio equipment and prize giveaway! Today we've chosen our third round of winners!

Congratulations to Mike Ide, VK3KTO has won a brand new ICOM ID-51A Plus2 handheld in the QRZ Sweepstakes.

Congratulations also to Gregory Van Scott, WZ2n, and Michelle Schackow, N8ORG who will each receive a DX Engineering Swag Kit, including ball cap, umbrella, mug, pocket pad and pen. These swag kits will be given away weekly and the winners will be chosen from the pool of individuals who have scored a 100% on any one of our daily quizzes.

Good luck to the rest of our participants. To see the other prizes available please visit our Prize Forum.

We have received over 55,000 entries to the contest already and you still have a chance to enter once per day from now through December 5th! Entering the sweepstakes is easy - simply visit our newly designed Trivia Challenge page and complete the daily quiz. Each time you complete the daily quiz, your call will be entered into the sweepstakes. It's as simple as that. You may play the quiz and enter once per day until the main sweepstakes drawing on December 5, 2018.

No purchase or subscription of any kind is required to participate. Buying a subscription or any product or service from QRZ or any of its advertisers or sponsors will NOT increase your chances of winning. This sweepstakes is designed for your fun and enjoyment, and potentially a great prize.

You can enter the sweepstakes now by going to The QRZ 25th Anniversary Trivia page

For a complete rundown on the rules and eligibility requirements, please visit the Sweepstakes Rules page.

KD4IEM, K2NCC, KM6SIK and 8 others like this.
  2. N0CEL

N0CEL Ham Member QRZ Page

While I still have never won a thing in my life, it is *still* fun to take the Quiz every evening when my time cycle comes around! NO whining here and THANK YOU to Fred & The Gang @ QRZ.com for this chance! Congrats to today's new winners and good luck to the rest of us! Best 73 Mr. Carl de NĂ˜CEL

N4GST, K5WQH, AG7JQ and 5 others like this.
  3. NA4RA

NA4RA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Agreed. I know I will never win anything but loads of fun! Thanks QRZ staff and vendors!

N4GST, N0CEL and NK2U like this.
  4. NU4R

NU4R XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Good job folks!

K5WQH and N0CEL like this.
  5. K6LPM

K6LPM Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes , indeed this is one of the best forms of contest entry . Just answer the trivia. Fun and entertaining but also educational too. Very worthwhile time spent online, with added benefit of entry into a legitimate contest that has some pretty nice prizes. For those who never win anything.... while I wouldnt hold my breath or have ultimate expectations, if you enter you have a chance as good as anyone. Regardless the odds, someone will in fact win. It might as well be you or me or anyone.
    Regardless of the prize this is entertaining.

K5WQH, WZ7U and KD0WGB like this.
  6. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

The questions are h-a-r-d !
    :)

KT4RK and W1RV like this.
  7. AC5O

AC5O Ham Member QRZ Page

Some of the questions are hard......................HiHi

W1RV likes this.
  8. VK6APZ/SK2022

VK6APZ/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats to the winners , the best i have done is 70 percent and i don't Google looking for the answers.

N8QQE likes this.
  9. K6UMA

K6UMA Ham Member QRZ Page

You have to score 100% to win anything? Once you complete a quiz and on the sweepstakes rules no where does it say that. Or is that just for the swag bags?

WQ4G likes this.
  10. WB8LBZ/SK2023

WB8LBZ/SK2023 Ham Member QRZ Page

A perfect score? Well it was fun until I found out. Never mind.

73, Larry WB8LBZ
    El Paso, TX

11. N7XCZ

N7XCZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I think that is just for swag bags, but it is still a nice little prize.

12. KG5SFT

KG5SFT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Great prizes, lots of fun to see the winners. Now this is how a sweepstakes should be. All prizes are excellent. Good luck to everyone.

KD0WGB and VK6APZ/SK2022 like this.
  13. N0CEL

N0CEL Ham Member QRZ Page

False! One can take the quiz once every 24 hours (the time cycle begins after you complete the quiz for the first time and enter). Also, IT DOES NOT MATTER *WHAT* SCORE YOU GET!!!...ALL QUIZES GO INTO THE "POT'!...Up until the 5th of December 2018 IIRC

VK6APZ/SK2022 likes this.
  14. VK3KTO

VK3KTO Ham Member QRZ Page

What a surprise I got when I found that I had won an Icom duel band D star hand held. As I only have an old 2 Metre only hand held at the moment it will come in very handy. I must say that I always enjoy doing the Trivia Quiz, a lot more fun than doing a crossword!
    Just to prove that you don't need 100% I think the best I have done is 80%. As a lot of the questions relate to FCC rules and American call signs, as a VK I don't think that's too bad!
    When I first turn on my computer, after checking my emails, I always visit the QRZ.com page. I find QRZ provides a host of entertaining and informative information.
    Many than's to QRZ and Icom.
    73 de Mike VK3KTO

N4GST, W2CSI, VA6WWW and 6 others like this.
  15. M6PKV

M6PKV Ham Member QRZ Page

Well done