ad: Flexradio-1

New USB interface for HF digital modes by MFJ

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KJ4YZI, Mar 13, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WF9Q

WF9Q Ham Member QRZ Page

You obviously did not have a loss for words when you attacked MFJ with your disparaging comments.

2. N7JS

N7JS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It's just a minimalist interface (with built in audio card) that does what it is supposed to do. They can be had for $89 to your door including radio cable and shipping. No jumper wires to set up...just plug the thing in and go. If you are not interested in losing an hour or 2 of your life building some ugly breadboard thing with wires and pots hanging from it (sitting next to your $2,000 rig) it's a fair price considering the on board audio card and painted case. If you have an extra Grant in your wallet and want a few more bells and whistles including an on/off switch with LED status and detachable USB cable (cmon MFJ, those are pretty obvious) by all means splurge for the Signalink. I have both interfaces and do prefer the Signalink with my portable FT-817 setup for my 2 complaints... clean break down by detaching all cables and on/off switch for power savings. Items not necessary for my home station setup and hence the MFJ works great for that and keeps it simple.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
    G3SEA and AE1N like this.
  3. AI5EF

AI5EF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Sorry for bumping this thread, but I own a MFJ-1204. I bought mine brand new in the box from a local ham for $40. It was easy to install and setup. When it dies, I'll go with a Signalink. But so far, I can't complain about how it works. I also own a few MFJ products and they have worked well for me. MFJ is a niche in a high end market to a lot of radio amateurs.

G3SEA and AE1N like this.
  4. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

The price was right.

The thing I like about MFJ is that you can work on it, Brand new right out of the box. :rolleyes:

AI5EF likes this.