ad: CQMM-1

New tropo world record contact between Cape Verde Islands and Scotland made at 432 MHz

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, Dec 29, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K2NCC

K2NCC Ham Member QRZ Page

I think many of the folks bitchin' about FT8 have spent months or years to "earn" something some hated-mode users get in a good weekend.

Seems they feel as if their accomplishment is somehow lessened by the advancement of the hobby/service.

Just because someone got the same award as you, in a fraction of the time, doesn't make your badge-of-honor any less valuable. To you.
    Keep in mind, when you die, all that wallpaper will likely end up in the recycling or a yard-sale.

It used to take months to cross the country, which now can be done in hours. Yet, how many of your are wishing for the days of the Pony Express?

Much ado about nada. Surely there will be something new for the folks of yesteryear to complain about soon.

Ignore the naysayer, PLAY RADIO!

vy 73, de Frank W4RAV in Oregon

W2VW, N7XCZ, K3SZ and 2 others like this.
  2. MW1CFN

MW1CFN Ham Member QRZ Page

The very best spirit of America! Amen to that.

G3SEA likes this.
  3. AF2F

AF2F XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Back in 70's and 80's when I was dependent on Box 88 for my QSLs for the most of the part it took me 5 years to collect cards needed for DXCC. Did I get the certificate? No. There was something wrong with award exchange program between two organizations when I was ready to submit the application. QRT for 35 years and was back on air exactly 1 year ago and it took me 4 months with 100 W and a dipole in the attic to earn DXCC using LoTW. Did I mention that I was exclusively CW operator? Yes, I was. Should I have not been using LoTW?... Would anybody but me care to understand the difference in time in effort I put in earning the same award now and then? NO. It's my proud and joy and I do it my way.
    Since last September I use FT8/FT4 and do enjoy it when there is no activity on CW.
    Oh, and I worked D41CV and D4Z on CW. Thanks for the contacts guys!
    73 and enjoy yourself and this amazing hobby, folks.
    "Matt" AF2F

N7XCZ and K2NCC like this.
  4. G1ZRN

G1ZRN Ham Member QRZ Page

Contesting, for those who can't construct a sentence ;-)

5. KJ4JSN

KJ4JSN Ham Member QRZ Page

Some ham here in Jupiter Fl. said he worked Africa on 432 mhz on the afternoon off 12/11/2012 .:rolleyes: Ya Right..How many Whiskeys did it take to do that;);)

6. KJ4JSN

EI3KW is not even in QRZ.

K0UO likes this.
  7. KJ4JSN

More Like ei3kd

G1YBB and K0UO like this.