ad: M2Ant-1

New tropo world record contact between Cape Verde Islands and Scotland made at 432 MHz

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, Dec 29, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. N2RRA

N2RRA Ham Member QRZ Page

I conquer and any ham capable of logic and common sense should be able too distinguish the difference between the two. It’s the reason why I am 1000% APPOSED too FT8 during contesting and even DX award credits. Guess today we’re adopting a world where they give awards too everyone just for participating and accomplishments due too hard work is not even a moral, or ethical concept too adopt and be proud of. EVERYONE’S A WINNER so feelings aren’t hurt. Smh ‍♂️

2. N2RRA

LOL, if you make and log a contact QSO unattended for even a millisecond while you run too the kitchen it’s the same thing. NO CREDIT FOR YOU.

3. N2RRA

YES, all for it. Not like it’s never been done before.

4. N2RRA

LMAO, now this is about the silliest and very ignorant ideology in defense too FT8, or digital modes alike I’ve read so far.

CW mode via computer still needs presence and physical typing at the ready and even that too CW ops is cheating and insulting too CW. Pretty logical why!

The point isn’t generating the signal. The point is physical endurance and ability. Does an Olympic runner need to run to win the event? Does the arm wrestler need to physically arm wrestle the other opponent, or can we use a robot to arm wrestle him? I mean I can go on, but these examples of questions is just as silly as the question weather “Does the operator have to generate the EM directly by waving his arms”? ‍♂️‍♂️

OF COURSE NOT, but they have too be present and physical endurance like using your voice, hearing, and hands much like being a runner is the true endurance, spirit and thrill of contesting and DX chasing. If handicapped, one can still read the screen and send Morse if deaf. If mute then a computer to send macro voice messaging is fine. If blind, but can use voice and hearing then they can do both as well and they should be commended even more. Being present is needed as well as using the human senses is the endurance factor of contesting and DX chasing.

When we advance too AI ROBOTICS in the home are we gonna leave them in the shack to make DX contacts for us while we travel on a cruise? I should hope not, but FT8 alike digital guys I’m sure will say there’s nothing wrong with that neither. ‍♂️

N7XCZ likes this.
  5. KE5ES

KE5ES Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Everyone knows that a real QSO is made with a Home built Transmitter and a home built Receiver using CW on a straight key. This is all powered by the Diehard Battery off of a 1948 Willys Jeep and of course the antenna is pure ladderline connected with Lead Solder. There will always be haters and people that think that their way is the only way. Besides the awesome contacts you were actually ON THE AIR instead of just looking at the computer and saying "Looks like the bands are dead. I guess I will watch Netflix tonight."

W9AFB, MW1CFN and N7XCZ like this.
  6. KC2KAE

KC2KAE Ham Member QRZ Page

lol go get em eric

N2RRA likes this.
  7. N7XCZ

N7XCZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I just worked South Africa on 40 meters using Ft8 Woooo Breaking the Law!!!! ala Judas Priest and I stayed right at the operating point the whole time, Awww Yeaaa.
    and I have done the same thing on the same band using all the modes at my disposal CW SSB FT8 JT65 RTTY not PSK31 yet Hi Hi. I am getting a vibe of
    if I am not doing it your way I am doing it wrong?!?! I worked just as hard to achieve my DXCC on mixed and Digital as any other operator and I am working real hard on the other modes as well, So I'm not doing it your way.
    Well your not doing my way, But we are both making contacts and keeping the Hobby alive. I have three children one might be interested she has been studying to get her ticket when she talks about Amateur radio and I talk about CW that seems nostalgic to her but still Cool, and SSB as well but the Digital modes peak her interest it is 2020 also the awards aspect.
    Hams Just Want to Have Fun, Cyndi Lauper and keep our hobby alive:rolleyes: yea I went there. Happy New Year to All and good DX and 73

KG7MVM and MW1CFN like this.
  8. G3SEA

G3SEA Ham Member QRZ Page

A truly remarkable achievement for that band on SSB ! :cool:

G3SEA/KH6

G1YBB likes this.
  9. N7XCZ

N7XCZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

A truly remarkable achievement on any mode at that frequency :)!

MW1CFN likes this.
  10. MW1CFN

MW1CFN Ham Member QRZ Page

So radio is like...an Olympic sport now? o_Oo_Oo_O And you have the audacity to call defence of FT8 'idiotic'. Wow!

The point about 'being present' is just your (and one or two others') pure misunderstanding and fabrication. Pretty much all FT8 users will be present at the transmission and reception.

In the end, I and a load of others made a great contact on low power and basic antennas at VHF and UHF, and the naysayers with their false teeth and upcoming cruise holiday didn't.

11. N2RRA

LMAO, smh

12. G1ZRN

G1ZRN Ham Member QRZ Page

Two cans and a piece of string, forget about all this radio malarky.

G3SEA, MW1CFN and N2RRA like this.
  13. N2RRA

When contesting, it’s a test of physical endurance like a sport. For example, I’ll try too explain it too you and the ones who haven’t worked hard for anything in radio contesting, or just wanna be typical wise guys and twist facts like a politician as simply as can be.

First, you need a comfortable seat cause sitting in it long hours for many hours can eventually create fatigue on your back and neck. UNLIKE DIGITAL FT8, or ALIKE where you can leave your stinkin computer to do the work for you while you get up and take a crap and make a phone call too chat with your buddy to see how well his cheating is going as it makes the contact for you. Plus, that seat come in handy cause it could be hours, days, or even years before the operator acquires that entity unlike digital FT8 gives you the advantage of possibly getting it in no time. Which is good of course, but in my opinion not fun, or worthy of the catch. It be like going hunting, but spreading feeder 360 degrees around you and baiting the prey. Maybe more like setting up a bear trap and waking up too it while it’s on the ground shooting it in the heart and you go back to the hunting lodge and tell everyone you shot it from 1000 yards away. LOL

You’re hearing doesn’t need too be great, or even decent to listen through the QRM while you adjust filtering as needed for very weak signals let alone invest in a proper receiver like the rest of us cause the software does the listening for you.

You don’t have to use, or worry about your voice getting raspy and going on you cause you don’t need too use that either.

You don’t need to worry about your hands getting fatigued sending CW, or spinning that dial looking for QSO’s, or any of the sort cause you sit on one frequency that see’s 30khz +/-. Probably exaggerating a little bit on the monitoring span bandwidth, but you get my drift.

You don’t need to SEE WITH YOUR EYES CAUSE IF YOUR NOT THERE TOO DO ANYTHING THEN YOUR NOT A AMATEUR RADIO OPERATOR. THE COMPUTER IS. SMH, How else can we explain it too these digital guys? LMAO

There is nothing wrong with using a digital mode too make any QSO. Clearly it takes some effort to construct the digital station which is the easy part. What is wrong is too contest in it, or get DX credits when you can not say you worked for it physically using human motor skills and human endurance in comparison to other modes other than setting it up to perform long hours in place of you when you are not present. You can not say the effort into getting a particular contact required the same magnitude of effort installing a significant antenna, utilizing significant power, not needing a receiver capable of combating atmospheric and man made conditions, or requiring the same “physical endurance”.

Can you get that through your wise guy thick narcissistic skull?

“DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE WORDS THAT ARE COMING OUT OF MY MOUTH” - Chris Rock.

LOL

14. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh my...

WJ4U and NL7W like this.
  15. GW3YDX/SK2023

GW3YDX/SK2023 Ham Member QRZ Page

Certificates of achievement have been sent to both computers who made the contact

NL7W likes this.