Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by KA9VQF, Apr 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. K6UEY

K6UEY Ham Member QRZ Page

I saw a referance in an earlier post as to the intent of this "Youth Forum",however it was not explained in detail what the intent is !!

May I ask, what is the intent ? Is it to Plagiarize the existing Amateur Radio service and formulate a service that discrininates age ? Or is it to bolster the present Amateur service and rekindle the Fraternal bond for the exprienced and knowledgable,so that they can pass the torch on to the neophytes who enter ?

Or is this some kind of demand that the youth have the oppurtunity to make their own mistakes, as some right of passage,to only be observed by those who have traveled that road before ?

If this is an effort to take from those who have built the traditional Amateur Service, and change it for the mere sake of proving the power of youth, then prepare for an uphill climb. You will have the minds and traditions of those thousands who have gone before you and willing accepted Amateur Radio for the Institution it has grown to be,that you must change to be successful.  [​IMG]

[​IMG]  [​IMG]

2. KB1LQC

KB1LQC Guest

I will not directly indicate the intent of this forum as I belive the exact intent still needs to be determined. However, I do have a few comments on the statements you made.

Uhh, no... Some youth here are more vocal than others, hey we all do it sometimes, those who have have been warned. But my belief on this statement is that we are not trying to create a forum that descriminates age. We want input from everyone, but to a degree. This is a forum where we (youths) can excape the mix of everyone on the other forums adn communicate (Over the internet... radio is still much cooler... at least in my book... that is...) with each other.

There are certain instances where other youths just want feedback from other youths... this forum offers it... Just look at one of my posts when I was talking about building a kit or something like that. An adult operator responded and personally, Im A-O.K with that. Its a general topic... But when someone asks something like "Whats your school club like" or "What do you do after school" there should be a common sense that someone who has been out of school for years might not want to give feedback as if they were a high school student...

Well, we certainly dont want to make mistakes that can be prevented. However, as great as a lot of the knowledge is really useful and awesome, sometimes we need to make small simple mistakes to learn to never do them again. On the other hand, we face a new horizon to challenge in the hobby. There is much more technology, a different aura surrounds the hobby in the youth world.

FDor instance, from my work in promoting the hobby I am very scarcely heard saying "Ham Radio" I almost always refer to it as Amateur Radio.... Jsut form the reactions I get from other peers. I will explain more later as I am crunched on time

3. Guest

Guest Guest

You Rock K7JBQ!

This is not a big issue so lets no treat it like one. If you have a problem with adults viewing this forum. Move to another one. Please use polite language and text, until now this forum was un-touched by negativity.

Like was said, this forum is DIRECTED AT youths, not for youths only.

Lets all chill out and enjoy the fall enhancments on 40 meters. 73's

4. KB1LQD

KB1LQD Ham Member QRZ Page

KC0VVU, That is the problem that you are not UNDERSTANDING, this is the ONLY area of this forum that only youths can communicate together, yes that is 1 out of 22 different posting areas on this fourm (Count them, i did)

having 1/22nd of this forum dedicated to the youth of the hobby and pretty much only the youth of the hobby is not much to ask, If I wanted to ask a general radio question, i can go to Q&A... If someone wanted to post about the NOV. elections, go to the Talk, Politics, and religion forum...

again, that shows the appropriatness of posts here, this topic was inactive until you posted again on it and as of this post I want this topic to end, any young amateur operator that reads one of these topics would probably be driven away because they would see an ongoing "argument" over whether adults should post of a youth fourm and assume that the same is happening over the air....

5. Guest

Guest Guest

You have a point. I think this argument was pointless (and no offense but the topic posted was pointless). I personally don't see it as such a big deal. But since there are such strong feelings about this we should just forget about this post. We all have different views about this and even though I think it is important to hear other's thoughts lets forget about this post. Like I said....lets all just kick back and enjoy HAM radio.

6. KA9VQF

KA9VQF Ham Member QRZ Page

When I posted this topic there were like maybe four other topics in the entire youth forum.

Please check the date it was initiated, it was April 11 2006.

Yes, it was a pointless thread. It was intended as humor at the time. KC9KBH had been posting things about his chainsaws, scooters, lawnmowers, four wheeler and other things at that time.

Some thought that those threads were also pointless.

Sure, I’m a worthless old geezer and also a grizzly old man {that one came from a 20 year old female at work, its new to me but it kinda fits}

I meant no harm just trying to help get the forum started.

This will be the last posting on this forum by this OF.

Count on it.

7. KB1LQC

KB1LQC Guest

After this post had been "dead" for a few weeks I do not want to see an argument continue through the youth forums and therefore have closed this topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.