Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by KA9VQF, Apr 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-3
  1. KA9VQF

KA9VQF Ham Member QRZ Page

I will be lurking on this forum. Doubt a geezer like me will have much to add. {Yeah right, whatever}

2. K6PME

K6PME Ham Member QRZ Page

I'll second that. But is does 45 qualify for Old Geezer? [​IMG]

I'm glad to see this forum go up and I hope for it's continued success! It seems like only yesterday that it was being discussed.

If I remeber right there have been a lot of youths that have posted in the other forums but faded away. Maybe they will come back. There is also Andrea, KG4IUM, the contributing youth editor at ARRL. Maybe someone should drop her an e-mail.

3. KC0TLH

KC0TLH Ham Member QRZ Page

I like the word Gezzer, (But I don't understand what this topic is all about).

4. VE6WTF

VE6WTF Ham Member QRZ Page

Last time I checked the word youth,
    was on this forum NOT giezer or the like.
    We appreciate your input, but move it to an appropiate forum.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Its ok. This forum is DIRECTED to youth, not for youth only. Join us any time.

6. VE6WTF

VE6WTF Ham Member QRZ Page

How bout I meet you at the bike rack after school and we can sort this out???

Dude, no, your completely wrong.
    THIS IS FOR YOUTHS I AM FED UP WITH OLD BIPOLAR FRICKIN GRANDADS CHECKING INTO YOUTH NETS, AND I SURE WONT PUT UP WITH IT IN THE YOUTH FORUM,

So if you are over 18 and you feel like posting something to the little kids, dont okay??
    Meet us on the air, NOT IN THE YOUTH NETS!

73 DE VE6WTF

"Transmit your passion"

7. KB1LQC

KB1LQC Guest

OK, Well as I will say I agree to an extent and see the point of view. I would just suggest to keep the temper of the post down. I really would hate to see another argument on here.

I take it that this topic was created because of something KBH said to you... I have been friends with KC0KBH for more than a year. I will please ask the original poster of this topic to not post topics that do not need to be posted. We should all approach this debate in a mature way, it may be a youth forum but there is no need to act like 2 year olds.

If all the youths in amateur radio who use this forum are driven away by people (other youth and non youth, just in general) then the WHOLE PURPOSE of this forum would be undermined.

Thanks all!
    Bryce Salmi
    KB1LQC

8. Guest

Guest Guest

You are mistaken. This forum is not JUST for youths. If it was you would have to register or something. They CAN check in to the youth net....I started it. I made check in time for youths and adults with or without youth 3rd party traffic. So if you feel strongly about this, at least stop your language, your contaminating a forum. Go to rag chew and steam all you want. But adults are allowed here and on the net.

9. KB1LQC

KB1LQC Guest

Ok, well again i agree to a point. YES anyone is allowed here and on the nets however, What is appropriate is a different story. Were any of you members of NAYN when it started? I was and I saw what ripped it apart. If you really want to know what happened I'll post but think about what happens when these tiffs start up. so please lets take a logical approach to this situation. I really hink we need to come up with policies and agreements, I am in this hobby not only for the fun and education but also to helping promote it. I've seen what can happen when events such as those that are occuring on this forum happen and quite frankly they are paralleling NAYN...

10. K7JBQ

K7JBQ Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

WTF,

I appreciate your point of view. I do not appreciate the tone of your language -- or your blatant put down of older amateurs.

Kindly lighten up.

Bill, K7JBQ
    One of the QRZ.com moderators

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.