New to QRP and have a question

Discussion in 'QRP Corner' started by KF5RZG, Feb 5, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. K4YND

K4YND Ham Member QRZ Page

I have noticed the same thing with the KX3. I just used it to check the dial on a OHR-100A. It lets me know where the lower limit is on 30 meters

2. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

MFJ CUB Freq Readout Solution
    It doesn't sound like you built the kit. I did and had to set the VFO padder for the part of the band I wanted to use. If you have the manual it shows where the VFO tweaking padder is.
    When I set up the VFO on my Cub, I just used another good rig to read when it was tuned and tweaked it to go to, at least, to 7055 kHz on the high end so I could work SKCC members there.
    It finally ended going from 7020 to 7080.
    Fine for an Extra , I just never go down to the low end where the big DXers hang out with their kilowatts. A general would like the low end of the range to be on 7025.
    I just made a little white cardboard square with a hole cut for the shaft of the control and glued it on the front of the Cub. Marked the freq every 10 KHz, using the other rig (on dummy loads) to read the freq as I truned and marked the dial. .
    An easy solution.
    You don't want to lug any other stuff for freq readout along, or have other little boxes wired and dangling from the mini rig, when you go camping with the QRP setup.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017